Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart indicates Georgia football No. 2 quarterback role could be situational

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart indicates Georgia football No. 2 quarterback role could be situational

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback Carson Beck wasn’t ready the last time his number was called, and now he faces a mounting challenge from Brock Vandagriff for the No. 2 job entering the season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone know what happened to Bear Alexander?

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I recall he’s widely believed to not be prepared from a weight/conditioning standpoint. I believe the source I read said similar to JD99 when he arrived. Took a while for him to get in playing shape. I could be wrong.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's there. And from what I'm reading, he's working hard. And he's doing good things. He'll find the field and contribute. Hard thing to do , as a freshman at Georgia.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks. I haven't heard his name on here or 247 or a couple other sites. I think it's odd he isn't mentioned.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want All of our QBs to do really well. I’m pulling for All of them. I sure hope we can keep all of them at UGA because with these guys I think we’re in a really good place. When I say that I’m speaking in terms of This season and next season when Stets will be gone. I really, really hope Stets can stay completely healthy for the entire regular and post season because I believe for this season he gives us the best chance to win. But God Forbid should he go down we definitely need a guy that can step right in and be trusted to carry the team with little to no drop off. And for next year I just don’t want to see the Dawgs have to start all over so to speak. If all goes well this year hopefully will establish the More Than Likely #1 guy for Next year and #2 and #3. Though we Know Kirby won’t come out next year, Especially early on and say OK this is our #1 guy. He wants to keep the competitive fires burning. This year Kirby could afford to go ahead and name Stets #1 as gosh Stets has been playing at the College level forever and most of that at UGA. Even with naming Stets #1 Kirby was slow initially. When it’s possible and I stress that, and there’s Allot that goes into that When It’s Possible. But when it’s possible I think it’s better for the team if a clear #1 can be named at the start of regular season after all the practices and scrimmages are over. With the #2 and #3 guys you can afford to get a little deeper into the season, but not To long. With all this lengthy post of mine I’m just trying to say that Continuity is very important, especially at the QB position. And I think that most of the time the quicker you can establish that the better off you’ll be. There are exceptions to everything though in college football. Go Dawgs !!