Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia tailback ranks thinned, Andrew Paul has torn ACL

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageReport: Georgia tailback ranks thinned, Andrew Paul has torn ACL

ATHENS — Georgia freshman tailback Andrew Paul as a torn ACL as a result of the injury DawgNation reported forced him to the sideline during Scrimmage Two on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

why does this keep happening to this team every year?? Good lord, we have more ACL injuries than the rest of the SEC it seems every year combined.

I hope the young man, gets repaired and rehab to come back strong next year.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good grief! Hate it for this young man. Was hoping to see what he could do this year, but now all I care about is to see him get healthy and ready to go when he is able to do so. Best of luck to the young man going forward.

Alright, now it's time for the rest of our RBs to get themselves ready. And I certainly have confidence in each and every one of those guys. I think Edwards is going to be a star, I seen flashes of greatness from him last year in his limited playing time. Now he will have more time to shine! And very excited to see what Robinson can do as a true freshman. I just hope he don't kill anybody when he runs them over! 🤣

'Bout time to go pluck some ducks! Let's go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree Edwards could make a huge impact and completely surprise people who don't know Georgia football. As long as Milton is ready to go, our really like our 4 RBs. I also wish Mr. Paul a speedy and full recovery... his time to shine has been delayed, but rest assured it's coming... that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train, its Andrew Paul with the rock. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The silver lining here is that the healthy rb's we have left will get significant playing time and experience to boot. I pray for the injured to be healed in and by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ amen. Go Dawgz,😎

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Acl's are generally from cutting, then getting hit and this aint high school hitting either. These SEC boys play at a whole nuther level. That is why I cringe when Smart holds full game-on scrimmages, and I am never disappointed. With Paul out, special teams will play differently. Let's roll Robinson. Milton will be back I am sure. He is a steam roller. Deijun E. can step up just fine. Kenny Mac is alread proving himself a James Cook. I have few worries at RB if things remain status quo.

I understand Dan Lanning has his team really UP for UGA ..I do not doubt that. This will be no scrimmage.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So sorry to hear this about this young Dawg. I pray he has a full and speedy recovery as well as all our players that are injured.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But that is the problem @EricDawgs21, one of "our 2 top guys" (Milton) is ALREADY hurt. Everyone is just assuming that he's going to be fine to start the season, but Kirby ALWAYS says that about guys and then we don't see them for like, six weeks. And even then, they'll probably have to tread lightly with him as hamstring injuries tend to linger. And Edwards, as good as he might be, was #5 on the depth chart last year. Has he improved? Probably. Has he improved enough to be a solid #2? I hope we don't have to find out. Playing with only four scholarship RB's in our offense is a big risk because you could easily lose two guys in the same game. We've lost a guy already and haven't even played a game. That's why it hurt to lose that RB from Tennessee (I forget his name at the moment) who flipped away from us on signing day for some odd reason. Having him would have been some good insurance and depth. Now, I fear that at some point this season, a walkon is going to have to play quality, high-stress minutes for us. I hope that works out. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really wanted to see this kid run the rock. And I will just have to wait. And I believe that it will be worth the wait! Keep your chin up Andrew. It is going to work out fine.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And one thing to the writers at Dawgnation, you keep saying "Fall" and I just cannot accept August being called Fall. What's up?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Now, I fear that at some point this season, a walkon is going to have to play quality, high-stress minutes for us. I hope that works out. Go Dawgs!”

Agreed……now, that’s worked out for a walk-on or three at UGA …….

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a tough sport and these young guys are reminded about that all too frequently. Praying for this young man to be back on the field soon. All the best to him and his family as he recovers and works through PT. Georgia has a great medical staff so he will be back in no time! GO DAWGS!