Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN bowl projections have Georgia football returning to College Football Playoff in 2022

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN bowl projections have Georgia football returning to College Football Playoff in 2022

No team in the country has to replace as much high-end talent as the Georgia Bulldogs. A total of 15 players from last season’s team were taken in the 2022 NFL Draft, a record-breaking haul. Many of those came on the defensive side of the ball, as Georgia produced five first-round draft picks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless I’ve missed it somewhere, I haven’t heard Darnell Washington’s named mentioned much except early on in camp. I hope he’s recovering well from his injury and getting back into playing shape. I’m really hoping he can have a minimum of 30-35 receptions this year. If so, it’s should help open this offense up and we should easily average around 40+ points a game. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

"15 players" gone to the NFL. Is there a lack of material to write on to where every GA football article mentions this. We know this and we are thankful but enough is enough.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is what the elite teams do, they recruit well, win nattys, lose a lot of players to the NFL, rinse, repeat. So glad Georgia has reached a level where so much talent can be gone and fresh, elite talent is waiting, ready to go. The dawgs will be ready, hungry and eager to make their stamp on this year's season. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Yes, there are lots of factoids and even quotes (from coaches and players) re-used multiple times... which can be annoying to regular readers. But therein lies the problem-- Georgia fans have an unquenchable thirst for news about our guys; and without new interactions or fresh observations (which are tightly regulated by Kirby), DawgNation staff still try to keep us fed... maybe a new perspective or idea, yes sprinkled with old information. It's a conundrum... Kirby keeping distractions from his players, and himself/staff focused on football-- as he should-- and DawgNation writers cranking out what they can with what they've got, the redundant info serving as filler and helping the piece stand alone. One answer might be to supplement your diet with other sources... otherwise probably going to just have to grin and bear it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know the Dawgs have been favored to win the SEC East almost every year since Kirby became head coach (except 2020). This year should be a repeat until we get some parity in the East competition. I SO wish that we would get rid of the divisions and just shuffle the teams up to be playing a mostly different set of SEC opponents every season (9 SEC games too). It's the only fair way to do it and would create much more interest from fans. Hopefully that is where we are heading, especially once Texas and OK get on board.

By the way, ESPN has Ohio State beating the Dawgs in the CFP semis. Bama and the Buckeyes playing for all the marbles.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Conner changed things up a bit here. No “plus 13 lost to the transfer portal” Give credit when due!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs will beat OSU and then Bama for the title. Solid repeat. How's that for a prediction?

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's exactly what the media hopes. They are probably scared sh*****s that we get an SEC rematch in the NCG. Haha.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs beat tide in SECCG. Tide loses to OSU. UGA and Clemson battle it out for NC.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Popeye,

Wouldn't we be playing Ohio State in the NC game with your scenario? I understand what you are saying because we would likely have to beat Clemson in the semifinals. Actually, my bet is we face Ohio State in the Semifinals and Bama faces Clemson. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA won't be there this year. I don't care what the Saban-enamored talking heads say. Sports media isn't looking at the SEC with clear eyes. They're looking at BAMA through heart-shaped, rose colored lenses that eliminate the warts and abrasions.

For BAMA to get through the West gauntlet, unscathed, it will take a minor miracle. For Young to finish the season healthy behind their anemic offensive line, will take a bigger miracle. BAMA's defense will be no better than UGA's, but, their offense will not be as explosive or efficient.

Yeah, all that goes against recent history and therein lies the problem with the media. They are inherently lazy, when it comes to preseason analysis. All they have to go on, is history and many of them don't know how to do an actual assessment of a team's intangibles.

Each team is different, from year to year. This year's BAMA team will not be as good as their recent teams, despite the return of Young and Anderson. Neither player can overcome all of the challenges the Tide will face this year.

And, UGA??? Well, they are about to take their next step into the Dynasty Universe. They will actually be a "better" team this year than last year, despite losing 15 players to the draft. The only question is, how many of their current players will be drafted? I suspect they've got twice that many future NFL players on their roster, right now. It's not something "Dawg Fans" and "Sports Media" are used to. It's not in our "history". That script has yet to be written.

The Captain of the ship in Athens, doesn't go by the name, Dan Mullin, Ed Orgeron, Jimbo Fisher or Dabo Sweeny. His name is Kirby Smart. In time, Smart will catch up to and possibly surpass the great Nick Saban and Bear Bryant. He has more time than most of his colleagues...except, maybe Dan Lanning. LOL

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I also expect to see the PAC-12 make a case for CFP representation. USC, Oregon or maybe Utah. This season is going to unfold In an unexpected way.

But, UGA, will lead the way, before it's all said and done. Not Alabama or OSU. Those teams have easily exposed flaws, regardless of talent at "skilled positions". In time, the media will catch up. That's just my opinion.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see 2 SEC teams making the CFB playoffs this year. SEC fatigue setting in across the country. There will probably be other teams (OSU, MI, ND, Clemson, UTAH, OR, USC, OK, TX, ?) that make it through the season with 1 loss.

The only guarantee is winning the SEC. Win the SEC and in. Lose the SEC and probably not making it this year.