Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cover 4 on Georgia football: Who will lead the ‘Dawgs in sacks this season?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,706 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageCover 4 on Georgia football: Who will lead the ‘Dawgs in sacks this season?

DawgNation’s “Cover 4″ concept is a popular live show on our streaming media platforms and a timely content piece on DawgNation.com, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brandon and Jeff, agree about Cousin Nolan leading the team in sacks.

His production has gone up exponentially each year, and I think he has a drive about him.

I believe his sack of BY to end the NC game showed what his mindset will be this season!

I'd love for Nolan, Beal, etc. all to have the same amount with plenty to go around!

Was it 2017-19 where the sack total just wasn't up to what we saw Clemson and Alabama have?

If I remember right, Georgia was still not getting the DL commits that Clemson and others were getting. I feel like Davis and Wyatt were a huge piece of that shift, and we'll see more of that this year.

Again, if I'm remembering this right, Kirby ran a 3-4 defense because we didn't have the DL in CKS's first years. Now, I saw a video by Brooks Austin where Kirby is running the 4-2-5 and I think that is because we have the big DL bodies to allow the LBs to wreak havoc.

I'm not a coach as I'm sure you can tell, but I love learning about the game, and different strategies.

I remember the "rain" blitz that Kirby used in the OU game that started to turn the game around late in the 1st half or the 2nd half...can't remember all of the details now, but it was neat to see it explained.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love nothing more than for Nolan Smith to have an outstanding year - great guy, teammate, and player. Get it started tomorrow. Go DAWGS.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love it because there are so many names of players that could lead the team in sacks. Last year’s D started up front and became “generational. I contend this defense is ahead of last year’s at the same point.

Nix is going to be the happiest yet most beaten down player on the field after the game is over. He will be elated that the Dawg D is in the rear view mirror and that he can look forward to the cream puff defenses in the PAC.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m going out on the extreme limb and pick a player who would probably have 5000:1 odds in Vegas to be our sack leader. Based on what I’ve been reading I’m picking the true freshman, Mykel Williams. If our offensive starters are calling him, “a total freak, lightening fast and unblockable” then I think our opponents will find out about this guy very soon. Laugh at my choice now, but check back with me in December. Go Dawgs and Mykel!!!