Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 key matchups Kirby Smart discussed for Georgia football against Oregon

SystemSystem Posts: 10,992 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
image3 key matchups Kirby Smart discussed for Georgia football against Oregon

ATHENS — Football is a game of matchups, Georgia would seem to have the majority of favorable matchups against Oregon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time to go duck hunting Let's make Oregon our new chew toy. Go Dawgz sic'em.😎

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Utah was able to neutralize Sewell in both of their games against Oregon last season. I expect Lanning will change things up to get him more involved, working downhill quicker, and avoiding getting blocked out. You've also got Flowe to deal with as their other weapon, but I see the Dawgs working more to the outside as a counter to both guys.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't know much about OR so I visited "Oregon Football Forum". There were a couple Dawg fans there sharing info. OR fans did the same. They were very reasonable and hopeful of competing if not winning.

What I learned was that their OL was SEC big, experienced and highly decorated. 3-4 starting SR's. There is a lot of talent on the roster after the OL and LB's. Experience and size. Lanning had a great situation there.

Then I watched a replay of one of the UT/OR games. Not sure which one. (at UT?) Considering the rep of the OR OL, I was surprised as the UT DL seemingly pushing if not collapsing the pocket frequently. The OR QB was shatter shot at best and may have been the difference in W/L. Obviously he is gone and Nix is their QB. Nix is scary. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Nix. IF Nix has improved this game could be closer than expected. Giving 17 pts seems like a lot. Being in ATL is an advantage.

LB Sewell was impressive. All over the field making plays and surprisingly sticky when covering the TE. Neither D consistently stopped the opposition.

OR has the advantage in the element for surprise. OR O will be somewhat of a mystery. OR D is a mystery in how much they borrow from the UGA D and who does what on their D. IMO there is no need to rush TSmith, TRat, KMilton or any other player nursing an injury back for this game. An injury setback is not worth losing these guys for important games later in the season.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Game day, baby! Time to turn the Dawgs loose! Time to defend our title! Time to pluck some ducks! Let's freakin' go!

GO DAWGS!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My thought too. Kinda what they did to UM top 2 players. Basically making them do things they were not as comfortable with.

GO DAWGS!!!!!