Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oregon quarterback Bo Nix: Names and numbers changed, but ‘same Georgia’ in 49-3 loss

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageOregon quarterback Bo Nix: Names and numbers changed, but ‘same Georgia’ in 49-3 loss

ATLANTA — The faces and numbers had changed, but Bo Nix had faced this Georgia defense before Saturday’s contest at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What-ifs abound after every game you lose.....Nothing new here with the Ducks. I will add this what-if to Dan L. What if UGA had played four quarters with the 1st team? Huh? Think about it.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also the same Bo Nix.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would have got terribly nasty for Oregon. 73-3 ?? Or possibly worse ?? And it also could have fractured the friendship between Kirby and Dan. But I see the Real point you were making. And that is the Dawgs have a Awesome Powerful Offense !! And by all appearances a very solid Defense. They allowed yards but as long as those yards don’t equate to Points, nary a Dawgs fan should care !! And that Defense is only gonna get Better with every game they play !! This Team has the potential to be Scary Good !! Scary for the rivals !!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nix=Reggie Ball

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll be darned. An article about the QB position that doesn't include the name, "Stetson Bennett". LOL

That's right, Mike. If you don't have something negative to say about Bennett...say nothing at all. LOL

He is, what I told you he is and the secondary is what I said they were.. Mic drop!!!

I think we both projected that the O-Line was going to be great. But, their starting lineup, Tackle-to-Tackle, was not what I expected. Their pass-blocking was "next-level". Run blocking on the edge...next level. But, inside was a little confused. Probably has something to do with, how long they've worked together as a "unit".

The defensive front 7 had issues against the "run". Not sure what the cause was, but, I'm confident the coaching staff will sort it out. There were huge holes opened throughout the game. I did notice that Jalen Carter looked a little flat. Kinda like Davis looked against BAMA, in the SECCG last year.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This version of UGA in game one looks way scarier than last year's game one team. Imagine this team being better? Wow. And Gilbert wasn't really even a part of it. Imagine that as well.

• Options
    EugeneMcNeaseEugeneMcNease Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

UGA BULLDOGS are ready to defend their NATIONAL TITLE!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I predicted no TDs for the Ducks and over 45 points for the Dawgs. Great start for Georgia. Bennett had his best game as did this new offensive line with over 500 yds of offense.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs played a great game, the only negative thing I noticed, was no one seemed to be a pass rusher. I hope when they get to SEC play, they find a few that can rush the passer.