Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Watch: Oregon coach Dan Lanning shares Kirby Smart message, breaks down loss to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 11,143 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageWatch: Oregon coach Dan Lanning shares Kirby Smart message, breaks down loss to Georgia

ATHENS — Kirby Smart offered Dan Lanning some much-needed wisdom after Georgia plucked the Oregon Ducks by a 49-3 count last Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

King Kirby told coach Lanning not to worry, that their feathers will grow back and be as pretty as ever. 🤣

Dawgs looked mighty impressive last Saturday. Now let’s have Samford mauled and put away by the 2nd quarter next Saturday.

#SAVAGES!

GO DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I said previously, the Dawg's defense gave up yards but no big plays. We're going to have to tighten things up against other teams. The Ducks were able to move the ball - just couldn't score points. We've got to improve on our pass rush. We were so good at creating havoc last season. Will Beal step up? Carter? Smith?

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The remainder of the season will bear out that Oregon is a very strong team....thus confirming the strength of the Dawgs. The Ducks will compete for a PAC 12 title this year.....my only concern was the lack of QB hurries and sacks by our D, but I have faith that will improve.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah Oregon will feed on the rest of the pac-12. Nix is a decent QB(though not against UGA, flashes of Travon are still haunting him), very strong offensive line(hence the no havoc), and them able to run on us pretty easily. We've got a bunch to clean up defensively, but we'll get there. New players will now know what not to do in real time. Good luck to Oregon the rest of the season and Lanning.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall, a great showing for the DAWGS. The O line seemed a bit shaky to me at times. No sacks but Bennett was scrambling around a few too many times for comfort. Ratledge seemed to have a particularly challenging game. Hopefully just first game jitters because it will get much tougher in conference play.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not so sure Oregon will devour the rest of the Pac-12. I've never thought Bo Nix was anything more than an average QB who showed (brief) flashes of brilliance that made some think that he's better than he is. I mean, he has always played poorly against Georgia, but he hasn't necessarily been elite against other opponents, either. Also, I noted that list of things Mike used to show how solid Lanning's game plan was and despite all of those things, UGA STILL won by 46 (and it would have been more if the starters had played the entire game). So, is Georgia just that good, or was Oregon simply overrated? Go Dawgs!

• DawgyStyleDawgyStyle Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman
    edited September 2022

BREAKING NEWS ...

Chick FIL A has made a rather amusing

change to their opening day sponsored logo ...