Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Football Power Rankings Week One: Changes at the top for mighty Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,703 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageSEC Football Power Rankings Week One: Changes at the top for mighty Georgia

ATHENS — Georgia and Alabama started this season every bit as dominant as they appeared at the end of the last one.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Looks about right to me. Though some folks ( Not Me Lol ) might say the Mud Lizards should be higher because of beating the #7 Utes even though they barely did it. Off topic on my part but at the moment Clempson is up by 14-3 over GT with 1 min and 15 tics left in the first half. Much as I hate to say it, and trust me I do, in spite of the score the Techies look some what improved. The Tiggers took a while to get going but their starting to look dominate on both sides of the ball. Them playing GT might not reveal that much in terms of whether they should be the #4 team or not.

• Options

Related to my last post and Please forgive the somewhat off topic. But Clempson looked pretty good though I could really care less as I’m ALL Dawgs fan !! And GT sure helped them with multiple **** penalties and many botched plays. At first the Techies looked pretty decent playing the #4 ranked team. But then they kept repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. As the game got deeper toward the end they seemed to just give up all together. So in spite of the score it’s really hard at least For Me to get a realistic handle on whether Clempson is deserving of their ranking. As for GT they’ve got a loooong ways to go !! Allot of work needs to be done on their on field discipline and their offensive play execution leaves Allot to be desired. But after all they are GT Lol !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Agreed!

To he.ll with Tech! And Clempson still SU.CKS!

The only time I pull for Tech is when they play Clempson! And you are right…..it seemed that every Tech drive , they had at least one false start. Very undisciplined! But when the score was 14-10, I thought Tech might have a chance …. but Clempson finally pulled their heads out of their (you know) and pulled away.

Point is: this did not look like the #4 team in the nation tonight! We’ll see if DJU will figure it out…..too funny that the Clempson “faithful” don’t think so!!

and congrats on your upvote badge!

and to stay on topic: great article, Mike…..agree with your rankings 100% !

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Dawgs should be ranked AP #1 on Tuesday even though they probably won't be despite winning the Natty last season and annihilating the #11 team in the country. Their performance was the best of the weekend by far. Ohio State struggled until late Q4 to break away from ND. They also got beat by this same Oregon team last year at home in the Shoe. How truly embarassing. Bama beating a Utah State team that got spanked by Wyoming, Boise State, and BYU last season isn't that big of an accomplishment. Put the Dawgs at #1 this week.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

UGA fans - including the journalist that wrote those - are hilarious.

1. We deserve tons of credit for beating Oregon (despite their new coaching staff and Bo Nix at QB)
    2. Florida deserves little to no credit for beating Utah who blew Oregon out twice - both times by 4 TDs - last year!
    3. UGA beating #11 means that Georgia should move up in the polls
    4. But Ohio State beating #5 and Florida beating #7 means that they should stay right where they are!
    5. As if Florida's line depth issues "exposed" by playing the talented well-coached reigning Pac-12 champs (a caliber of opposition they won't play but a few more times this season) is more meaningful than Haynes King throwing 2 picks against Sam Houston State (plus A&M couldn't sustain a drive in the first half and 2 of their 3 scores came on big plays) or Tennessee having no sacks and few pressures against Ball State (when nearly everyone else they will play will be better than SHSU and BSU). Florida showed against Utah that they actually do have talent and most of their issues last year during the 6-7 debacle were coaching (especially Grantham on defense, who in all his time at UGA, Louisville and Florida never showed the red zone line playcalling acumen that Toney did Saturday) and mental. Meanwhile A&M makes you think that Fisher's longtime issues developing a QB (going back to his FSU days) may still be ongoing and Tennessee still hasn't shown evidence that they have SEC caliber line play.

You can be a fan. You can even be a fanatic. But can you be a bit less self-serving and inconsistent?

• Options
    edited September 2022

Anybody watch Clemson last night?

The #4 team started slow but found their rhythm in the 2nd half. Poor Tech. They did their best and hung around for quite a while.

DJ won't be the starting Clemson QB for long while his replacement, freshman Cade Klubnik, nips at his heels. Cade came in the last series and looked like a veteran QB who could start tomorrow. Zinging accurate passes in tight windows and orchestrating the offense like a pro. He's going to be deadly.

• Options

@thadec...my comments were half wishful thinking, but I do think the media gives other teams precedent over the Dawgs time and again.

Utah blew the game more than FL beat them. Utah beat themselves. Left 14+ points on the board including at the 1/2 yard line of FL. OSU struggled against ND until the end. Bama beat a far inferior team that lost to Wyoming (among others) last year. Bama is a great team. OSU has a great defense, but I'm not sure how good Stroud or their offense really is this season. We'll see.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good thing we have the thadec as our moral compass on here. Sure wouldn't want UGA fans wrongfully believing that the #1 team in the nation at the end of the season last season, who annihilates (walk in the park) the #11 team in the preseason should leapfrog in the polls and move ahead of Bama who beat a ranked opponent (I'm sorry I got ahead of myself, got them confused with Utah) an unranked opponent in Utak St. or Ohio St. who struggled against Notre Dame.

Thanks thadec, almost messed up! Just tell us what we should think and we'll think it. Keep setting us straight! :)

• Options

UGADad20 now you see what I mean ??!!?? NO sarcasm at You at all UGADad. Look at his very first sentence !! This guy has demonstrated Very Clearly that he Is a TROLL !!! He even Says right here that UGA fans and journalist are in His own words Laughable !! Not Just a difference of opinion !! He does this in 98% of his posts !! Like I said in an earlier post I’m not so thin skinned that I can’t take Some objectivity and Some constructive criticism about our Dawgs. I can. But This Guy in a very subtle and sneaky way Bashes our Dawgs. When he does give Any credit he does it in a very condescending sort of way. Well Mr. Troll who fancies himself to be a College Football Guru, more and more Real Dawgs fans are On To You !!