Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football remains behind Alabama in Week 3 Top 25 Coaches Poll

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football remains behind Alabama in Week 3 Top 25 Coaches Poll

Georgia football easily dispatched of its Week 2 opponent in Samford. But thanks to chaos around the spot, there has been another shake-up in the Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings for Week 3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually glad we are #2 to keep a chip on our shoulder. Burt this just further confirms the love-fest the college football industry has for Bama. They are clearly not worthy of a #1 team with that performance yesterday. It's going to take UGA winning another Natty this year to stop this nonsense.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed, I'm glad we didn't get that #1 albatross hung around our neck.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are a lot of 2-0 teams. I'd just as soon be the lowest ranked of all the undefeated teams after two games.

That said, were those polled out to lunch during the Alabama game? Either that or there's an unwritten rule that winning teams don't drop in the rankings. Maybe only winning Alabama teams?

Bless their heart!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgs didn't look great> Plus as the people below say, we don't need the rat poison.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Ha. Ok. They won by a point after Texas shanked a field goal from extra point range. I mean, I just find it very difficult to believe that anyone interested in giving a fair and honest assessment could watch Alabama struggle that thoroughly against a 20 point underdog playing an injured backup quarterback and think, yep, best team in the country right there.

I do agree that this out-in-the-open favoritism may be beneficial in the long run. But in the meantime it's just obnoxious.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Oh, and Florida is still ranked?! What exactly impressed the voters from their performance? Richardson's 40% completion rate? His two laughable interceptions? Getting shut out in the second half? Or the fact that all of this happened on their home field?

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

CKS was right, "Nobody Cares", Arkansas put 40 on SC so Dawgs need to go up there and do better.!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CNS did not look well standing in the heat and sun on the sideline while his team struggled. I could feel his BP skyrocketing. Is there a bigger fraud as a CFB coach than Jimbo Fisher?

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Richardson had so much trouble because the guys in the booth and the rest of the national press “experts” had their lips so firmly planted on his backside!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess the Coaches were too busy "coaching" their own teams to watch Alabama get lucky against 5-7 Texas.

Without the injury to Ewers, Bama goes down and it might have been ****.

I bet Kirby voted Bama No.1 too...