Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

South Carolina’s Shane Beamer breaks down No. 1 Georgia, ‘still trying to find a weakness’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageSouth Carolina’s Shane Beamer breaks down No. 1 Georgia, ‘still trying to find a weakness’

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Shane Beamer has seen enough from Georgia football to know something has to change for South Carolina to score an upset.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm afraid Shane Beamer's not channeling his inner Larry Munson.

Bless his heart!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Weakness - it's only two games in but I haven't seen it yet.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would say that being forced to kick FGs in the red zone 4 or 5 times against a JV team at the very least showed inconsistency, compared to red zone perfection shown against Oregon. Hope they cleaned that up this week.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Meh. Strengths are more important than weaknesses. You can recruit 85 solid well scouted hard working 3 star kids, use the best position coaches in the game to develop them, have outstanding coordinators to call plays with them and by year 5 have nothing but 3rd, 4th and 5th years on the 2 deep and special teams with several of them future NFL draft picks (in the later rounds to be backups/special teamers). No weaknesses, right? True but you are still going to go 8-4. 9-4 with the right bowl game opponent.

UGA had a number of weaknesses last year. (I won't bother pointing them out.) Didn't matter: the strength of the defensive front seven overwhelmed pretty much everyone else anyway. Same with Alabama in 2021 and LSU in 2020: real weaknesses that no one got to exploit because of the dominance of their skill players on offense. So long as you aren't glaringly deficient in your weaknesses to the point where you negate your strengths - which was the case with Ohio State's defensive playcalling last year - then at the very worst it is going to be your dominance against another team's dominance in the title game.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs eat Ducks and Chickens.....enough said.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As long as they enjoy fowl and don’t become foul, we are good.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beamer seems like a nice guy. But, what would you expect him to say?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah, if he was, he would be worried about our Long Snappuh also…..

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JeffDawg89JeffDawg89 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Shane is sounding more and more like Vince Dooley every day. Always talking up the opponent. I can recall a home game where Vince tried to convince everyone Tulane was the better team lol - but in this case, Shane’s correct, he’s overmatched.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This week will be interesting. Listening to professional handi-cappers the word on the street is that SC can't stop the run. We're RBU! We've struggled somewhat to be dominant in the run game. THe betting line is 24.5 in favor of UGA.

It will be tellng if we don't dominate in the run game. If we do we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Or I can at least.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beamer and his **** would love nothing more that beating us on saturday.