Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brutally efficient Dawgs drive Gamecocks fans to the exits early

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageBrutally efficient Dawgs drive Gamecocks fans to the exits early

Domination. That’s the only word you need to describe the Dawgs’ SEC opener on the road.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beck's one miss was a beautifully thrown touchdown pass that hit the receiver perfectly......and he dropped it.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks Bill! Nice article. As a long time Dawg fan I have many scars from past seasons. Those scars make it hard to believe just how amazingly good this team seems to be. At this point of the season they look absolutely unbeatable. Am I overreacting?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great win! I had hoped we would start to dominate in the run game, especially early on. Overall we mopped up after getting a big lead but Kendall and Kenny were just 14 for 52 yards which is 3.6 yards per carry if my math is accurate. Hardly dominate. And that was against a team with starters out on their Dline. Happy with the big win but at what point does this become a deal? Not as long as the pass game rocks and rolls I guess.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Stet is right. Columbia is the hottest place on earth. Went to Williams-Brice once. We were in the upper deck of the end zone. Any higher up and the seats would have been on the surface of the sun.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bulldawg90 LOL!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This looks like it has a chance to be the most dominant Georgia team yet.

Kirby Smart and his defensive staff are clearly the best in CFB. Todd Monken and the rest of the offensive staff look elite.

I love Monken's creative play calling, which seems to keep defenses off balance with its unpredictability.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was really impressed with the crowd level at game time (especially since it was Noon) and it seemed like they were fired up and pumped... I guess maybe their fans aren't so great if they left in droves, though. It's a lot easier to say when you are in an Air Conditioned house watching it on TV, but I've never turned off a Georgia game just because we were losing (and yeah, we've lost some pretty bad games over the past 2 decades). I would imagine that it's tough to try and stage a comeback in the 2nd half if a majority of your fans have left.