Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football stock report: Kirby Smart’s roster management survives Kent State test

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football stock report: Kirby Smart’s roster management survives Kent State test

ATHENS — Georgia football CEO and head coach Kirby Smart says his program is better off having played an **** game with Kent State, and that would indeed make sense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know I am being nit-picky but I kind of seeing Edwards’ stock being up. He seems to be tough running behind a minimal surge from the O line and getting yards after contact. Great overview; maybe I’m being a tad selfish.

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a feeling their stock is going to soar after the Missouri trip. There’s several players that are not satisfied with their performance against KS, and Missouri could pay the price for it on Saturday night. Go Dawgs!

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guess how many of the previous MG Stock Reports (dating back to 12/6/22 - approx. 13) even had a Stock Down category? That's right - zero. Where is the video clip of Rece Davis speaking about SBIV (conveniently missing?)? Hmmmmm, makes a person wonder......

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

And as the paper tiger UT (Mike's favorite team) game gets closer, it will get worse. Connor has been elevating his game. Mike will never change with his subtle, passive attacks on UGA.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

@doubledawg1990 I"m not sure what your point is about no longer using "stock down?" The intent was to not upset some readers who felt that too harsh of a phrase for a player.

The Kent State game was the first in a loooooong time where Georgia was not clearing ascending. It was a tough. game, the players admitted that. No one is trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, just give a critical analysis of how things went.

As for the video, the Howard interview is approaching 20,000 views and is clearly the most popular item from our special auxiliary coverage in Knoxville, indicating viewers found it interesting.

I have no issue answering questions and explaining things -- thank you for your feedback!

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MikeGriffith, you probably need to go back and read my post. I said (in summary) that in last 13 or so of your “Stock Reports” ,you didn’t use a Stock Down at all. Not even after the SEC Championship where, if there ever was justification for it, there were multiple players who deserved a Stock Down designation. Yet you chose to use it the first chance you see where SBIV is not on his game using this year as the rough standard. BTW, he’s the first SEC QB with four straight games with 250 passing yards and at least one rushing TD since Tim Tebow did it in 2007.

Your negative bias related to SBIV is pretty obvious to everyone but you and a few other posters.

No doubt the Kent State game was a bad look for UGA. It really hasn’t been that long since they had a game where they weren’t ascending. In fact, it was just 6 games ago in the SECC game. Even after pooping of the bed, no use of Stock Down, much less to single a player out in that way.

I'm not upset or think it’s too harsh to use the phrase. Just pointing out what appears to be a trend with you related to SBIV. Thanks for the reply.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@doubledawg1990 We write a ton on the quarterbacks -- regardless of who it is, because it's the focal point of the team on the field. The trigger for me to think about stock down was actually the home schedule, which is brutal this year. Other than the Tennessee game, none appear competitive or entertaining. It was hard to write Stetson's stock was "even" on a day he threw his first pick of the year and missed on some throws he has been making.