Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Missouri instant observations as Bulldogs flirt with danger in **** win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Missouri instant observations as Bulldogs flirt with danger in **** win

Columbia, Mo. — Georgia very clearly is not the best team in the country. It can’t be in a game in which it didn’t take the lead until there was 4:03 remaining in the fourth quarter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Love our Dawgs, rain, sunshine or in between but Auburn has every right to come to Athens highly ambitious !! There’s So much to fix on this Dawgs team it’s hard to say them all !! COACHING would be a good place to start !! Come on get it together Dawgs !! But I Still Love Y’all !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally Agree !! If they don’t fall Below #4 it will be a blessing and rather surprising. Tons and Tons of work for this team. And at this point I think it Begins with the Coaching Staff, ALL of them !! Kirby included. To many things from the practice field ( at least as we understand it) Not translating to the field in games. And I’m thinking our Dawgs may have ingested rat poison Regardless of what they say in interviews. This game tonight one would think would null out Any effects of rat poison. They won the game and that’s ALL they can claim. Nothing to cheat thump about at all. Mizzou on the other hand even though they are a rival deserves much credit for playing very tough !!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that was the ugliest game of the year and that's scary considering the fact that in our first 5 games we've had 3 games that were all pretty bad and all against weak teams.

I would've liked to see Beck come in the first half and see if he could've changed the momentum. Receivers definitely could've come up with some more passes but A LOT of his throws were off significantly.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We had to work entirely too hard for this one.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    sfalexansfalexan Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was at the game and I can say that we were playing scared. Overthrown balls, getting push off the line. It was like we expected a cakewalk and didn’t know what to do when we got punched in the nose. Hope we learn a lot from this game. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs do deserve to be considered the best team in the country BECAUSE they took the lead with 4:06 remaining!

Bama had a game like this last year at A&M and lost. They had another game like this against a horrid Auburn team and were lucky to escape with a win. Yet, if not for Kirby’s and the Dawg’s tenaciousness and will to win, the Tide would have been national champions.

With all of the players drafted and other attrition, this is the epitome of a rebuilding year. Yet, here are the Dawgs, #1 in the country and undefeated with so much room for this young team to grow! And they will!

Those who are complaining about the coaching aren’t just wrong, they are da•n wrong! This may be Kirby’s and the staff’s best coaching performance since coming to UGA!!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sold on retread Searels as O line coach. They get pushed around way too much. Milton has 1-2 decent runs per game, but for a supposed "power guy", he goes down easily if you breathe on him. Ringo lost some NFL clout tonight as well. Roasted a few times while being out of position. Still, a win is a win. Tennessee is the big test. They'll be pissing pumpkin juice when they get to Sanford.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 184 ✭✭✭ Junior

Most of these comments are idiotic.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was Georgia the best team in CFB last night? Clearly not. The O-line got dominated for the first half, and that is puzzling.

But they did come in as a diminished lineup. Jalen Carter is a huge loss. Adonai Mitchell is a huge loss. Seems every receiver is less that 100% for the second season in a row. The secondary is young and at times it shows.

It was an **** game and if they don't play better, they will lose to a team with more talented than Mizzou. But this is a young team, and they are 5-0. They just need to keep learning and they need to get a few players healthy.

I'm proud of the adjustments by the coaching staff and of the fight the team showed.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was thinking in the Samford game that we missed Sam Pittman more than any of the 15 that left in the draft last year.

And, this is where my football knowledge of technique is limited. Did our O-line do something different in the 4th QTR? Or, did the Mizzou front 7 finally wear down? I mean, I know that our O-line is talented and deep. It is not a matter of ability. So, what wasn't working and why did it start working?