Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares why it was important for Arik Gilbert to travel for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares why it was important for Arik Gilbert to travel for Georgia football

Arik Gilbert was a curious inclusion for Georgia’s travel roster for the Missouri game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

In Kirby I trust. It's hard to imagine Arik producing on the field for the Dawgs this year, but holding out hope that he can be inserted at a critical time to help out the offense.

• Options
    Camden_DawgCamden_Dawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

This year has an odd feel to it. We started cycling our O-Line rotation frequently throughout each game, unlike any team (college or pro) I've seen before, resulting in arguably the worst O-Line performance of Smart's tenure at Georgia. I can only assume this is the philosophy of our new O-Line Coach. We have committed a scholarship to a kid who hasn't played meaningful football in two years and is apparently so mentally fragile that we must cater to him to help keep his spirts up as if we are so afraid that he might leave and severely damage our program. The run game which is normally always strong at Georgia is the weakest its been in recent memory. Our players get in pregame scuffles, then play weak and undisciplined when the whistle blows to a team with the credentials of Missouri, and Kent State. Seems like we regress a little each week. Going back to Gilbert, I'm not sure what he is dealing with. I hope he pulls through it. Just not sure why you need to jeopardize a 70 man roster spot to make him feel good. It just sends the wrong message to every other player that didn't make the trip.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't help but wonder what the other players think about all of this coddling of Gilbert. I mean, they have hopes, dreams as well, but I can't imagine others being given this same treatment.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

Hope Arik gets things taken care of an on the field. He is amazing players!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course he needs to travel. I know he is going through some things, but if he's going to remain on the team then he needs to give it his all just like all of the other players do.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Given our offensive struggles, it would be great if Arik would play saturday.