Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart on Jalen Carter’s injury and the events that came before it: ‘We don’t condone it’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart on Jalen Carter’s injury and the events that came before it: ‘We don’t condone it’

ATHENS — Kirby Smart doesn’t have much interest in litigating whether the play that injured Jalen Carter was malicious or dirty. He likely would’ve drawn a fine if said anything too strong or contradictory about the call.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carter got into this kerfuffle with Mizzou players. Now the team suffers....sorry but it is true.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66 I agree with you that Carter appears to have started the pre-game squabble with the Missouri players and maybe the block was in retaliation, but I think that's just the way their linemen block people, period. Unfortunately, Carter was injured, but I don't think the entire team is suffering because of what he did pre-game. Not to condone trash talking by any means, but methinks there's a good chance he would have gotten hurt anyway. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Carter, Stackhouse and Walthour embarrassed me and many other Dawg fans with their shenanigans before the game. Hopefully Kirby ripped their cocky heads off behind closed doors. I guarantee his mentor Saban wouldn’t put up with that c-rap!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was an illegal chop block. Only the guy making the block knows if it was intentional or not. And yes, our guys should not have gotten into a peeing contest with the MO players. The after game minor scuffling looked bush league. I have no idea who started all that crap, but am fairly confident our guys won’t be doing it anymore.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

The hit on Carter was payback for being **** by starting the fight pre-game. ****.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

If a defensive player is engaged, a second offensive player CAN NOT block that player below the waist. This rule is in place to protect players from the very thing that happened to Carter. It is legal to hit high and work lower, but that’s not how it happened.

• Options
    Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Payback, karma, only the Mizzo player knows for sure....I'm hoping this lesson is received and learned by Jalen, et al....you do your trash talken on the field of play by being the best at what you do every down....then always offer to help the opposing player up. I am now very confident that KS reemphasized the Georgia Standard to every member of the O-Line and I expect to see a dramatic change/improvement against the War **** Eagles/Tigers.

• Options
    jdawg19jdawg19 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Maybe Carter would be happier at Florida State.