Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Former SEC coach makes guarantee about ‘relentless’ Georgia coach Kirby Smart

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Former SEC coach makes guarantee about ‘relentless’ Georgia coach Kirby Smart

AUBURN, Ala. —Kirby Smart appeared remarkably calm to some Saturday night at Missouri, even as his then-No. 1-ranked team appeared to be melting down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've been critical of the dawgs, but I will readily admit, if there's a coach built for difficult times, it's Kirby Smart. He'll push hard to get them in the right spot. They are such a young team. That Oregon win jumped them to the stratosphere - and they aren't there yet. They need time to grow into a great football team. Kirby will push them there. Hopefully, they can grow and improve before UT.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, I haven’t heard of “missed fits” in football before.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@David1 Run fits --- players responsible for gaps -- assignment football

• Options
    FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Drinkwitz needs to have that team playing like that every week for the sake of his job. Their D put alot of pressure on Stetson and stopped the run well until the 4th when UGA's depth got them. Crazy it was the same team that got boatraced by k state.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why did it take till half time to widen our gaps to take advantage of our run game?

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“I guarantee you in Athens, Georgia, they will improve as a football team, and they will be read Saturday.”

That’s exactly what I thought after a very poor performance against Kent State. Didn’t happen. The Dawgs were not only not ready, they were poorly coached, especially in the O line. We are definitely missing Coach Luke. This O line is very talented, but appear confused on many plays. That’s coaching.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And I think as Pruitt said, sometimes the results are due to your game plan doesn't work out as well as you thought it would.

And/or like JBMDawg46 just said, the OL coaching may be an issue that needs addressing ASAP. We may just need to coax Luke out of retirement for next year. Hope not. We have had 2 great ones leave...they aren't all great and you might not can always get one that is and have to settle.

Sometimes coaches just need to simplify things. Maybe that is all this is and Kirby makes sure that it happens.

Just win baby!

• Options
    KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

Too many Couch Potatoes with too much time on their hands.

While most of us just chuckle at these Wannabe Offensive Geniuses, some of these young men read this garbage.

Just post your resume of SEC Coaching experience so we can understand how your years of doing this has paid off for the rest of us to be enlightened by your brilliance! Yes, that's what the vast majority of the rest of us thought!