Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,440 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

how the Georgia wide receivers go about getting better separation?

I do not really understand that take because I have seen several WR and other pass catchers get plenty of separation but Bennett seems to have trouble getting them the ball. Most of his throws the past 3 weeks have been entirely too high or even behind the pass catcher. In this game today he missed 2 easy ones to Bowers and McConkey and another two in the fourth quarter to Delp and Meeks.

gotta get that fixed ASAP and this isn’t just a one-off because SB hasn’t thrown a TD pass in 4 weeks now.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it weren't for Bennett's legs....? In practice, he needs to throw and throw and throw for accuracy. Open field misses!! But he can run! That 64 yarder was a thing of beauty. Redemption. UGA should beat Vandy by some major numbers then a bye to heal. Again, the offense will have to be better to beat TN and Miss. State. Both getting much stronger as the season progresses. The Dawgs covered the large spread...that is good.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

SBIV is best when he is fighting to attain the top .....to instill that fighting attitude he needs to be benched. Beck and VG would be more productive but NEED snaps! SBIV is a lame duck and he's playing like he doesn't think he has anything to lose. BRING BACK THE QB COMPETITION!!!!!!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Edwards needs to get the rock, he is a true downhill back. Milton just isn't healthy right now.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bennett had some good throws but also several really bad ones. We’re halfway through regular season, and I have yet to see him complete a homerun pass to an open receiver. And, he’s had several chances. The one to McConky today was the closest to complete.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of things still to work on and get better at but man, I am so happy for Dajun Edwards. Wish his third touchdown had not been called back. Robinson looked real good running the ball also. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It does appear that he isn’t always focused as much as he needs to be. But I’m not sure benching him is the answer. If he hasn’t already, Coach needs to have a man to man with him

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Bennett has never been a consistent accurate threat downfield and teams know it. They will try and take away the slants and short passes and make him beat them deeper. He's 50-50 beyond 20 yards.

• Options
    Dawglifer72Dawglifer72 Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

You know you guys are the most critical people ever. We score 6 touchdowns and five times in the red zone . Watch Ladd run his route on the over throw he slowed down just a little. He did over throw Bowers but my goodness what do you guys want. It’s never enough. Just enjoy every victory and let’s see what happens. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get the W on Vandy, get to the Bye week(s), get injured guys back, work out the problems. I’m not blind to the fact that Stets has been missing pretty bad these last three games. But I think HE is probably his worst critic. He Knows he’s not throwing the ball well. No way he doesn’t know. So between him, Kirby, and Monken I’m Believing they will work things out. I Guarantee you I’ve been just as frustrated as Any Dawgs fan with the level of play we’ve seen from the Offense in recent games, and Yes in particular Stets. But I Also Remember countless times posters right here bashed that kid to pieces. And I’d have a pretty good Piggy Bank for all the times I saw “We’ll NEVER win a National Title with Stetson Bennett at QB. Yet there he was kissing the trophy with the confetti raining down. Did he do it by himself ? Of course not, that would be absurd to even think !! But he Did help to win it. Most all people that know anything at all about football will tell you that QB is the most important position on the Offense. And you simply don’t win a Ntl. Title especially facing SEC Defenses by chance. I don’t know what’s wrong with Stetson ot Why he’s had these bad outings. And Again I To get frustrated. BUT I’m either gonna trust in Kirby Smart and Coach Monken that they Know what their doing by staying with Stetson or not. If I Choose Not to trust those highly paid very experienced Coaches all I’m Really gonna get out of it is being Sick with anxiety. Because the Reality is Georgia is not gonna fire Kirby Smart and/or Coach Monken with the Dawgs sitting now at 6-0 Because They decide to stick with Stetson. So why give myself the heartburn and anxiety ?? No my mental state of mind will fare much better to Believe that during the Bye week(s) the Coaches and Bennett are gonna identify and repair the issues. And coupled with getting some injured guys back the Dawgs will come back and Continue to win football games. These things said Some might say I’m delusional and in denial of reality. OK maybe so. But I would think that anyone who thinks Georgia is gonna fire Kirby Smart and/or Coach Monken for sticking with Stetson is Equally delusional and not in touch with reality. So where does that leave you ? Well you can come on here and bash the kid to pieces if that improves your emotional state, but it’s not gonna make a hill of beans difference in his level of play good, bad, or in between. And it’s not gonna compel Kirby and Coach Monken to yank him either. They Will use the QB that THEY think will be best to help them win be that Stets, Beck, BVG, or Gunner. So my advice would be to Hope Stetson gets better in that time off. You’ll Enjoy the game much better that way. P.S. In spite of the sloppy play the Dawgs are after all 6-0 at this point.

• Options
    EkimdEkimd Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't buy into the other receivers not getting separation. I counted at least 5 times where receivers were wide open, but the ball went to Bowers, who had guys on him. Who knows, maybe we are holding plays back until the schedule gets tougher next month?

The great news is our young guys are getting valuable reps.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Someone please coach SBIV in tucking the ball in and covering the nose when he runs. Football 101.

Not playing Beck more in the 4thQ was a wasted opportunity.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing that we'll edge Alabama to be No. 1 in this week's AP Poll. 42-10 against a 3-3 Auburn team will seem more impressive than 24-20 against a 3-3 A&M team (even if everyone knows A&M's a way better team than Auburn).

Weirdly, though, I felt better after Kent State than I did tonight. I may have even felt better after Mizzou -- just because we were so dominant when we had to be; plus that was on the road.

For one thing, Auburn's offense looked plain BAD. I was more concerned about our defense after we gave up 10 points and 258 yards today than I was after we gave up 22 to Kent State. Given the physical superiority of our front seven, it seems like we should have just been mauling them all night (with the exception of that speedy quarterback being difficult to catch). But much of the time, it was their own penalties -- not our defense -- that stopped them.

Then, on offense, SBIV had his third-straight subpar throwing game. It's weird: I don't remember him getting into this sort of slump last year: His timing's been off. He's throwing high. He's throwing behind. And he's turning little screens into awkward, hard-to-catch contortions for the pass catchers. A better secondary would pick those high passes and behind passes off.

The O-line did have a good game. And Edwards and Robinson looked great. But part of the running success (and Bennett's better completion rate in the second half) came because time of possession helped us wear down their D line -- and a lot of THAT had to do with how bad the Auburn offense was.

Sorry to be so critical. But I just don't think we looked like the No. 1 team. Consider that Penn State beat Auburn by the same score on the Plains.

I'm sure we're playing down to inferior competition -- dangerous as that is in the SEC. You could see that in Chris Smith's sloppy attempted tackle on Hunter's 62-yard TD. We all have good reason to believe Stetson will get up for the big games.

But I hope we're working out all these kinks because we need to play better if we're going to win those four straight tough games that come after Vandy.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good win, but if they don't improve in all aspects of the game, including coaching and scheming, they will lose to utk, miss. st., or both. Go Dawgs !