Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Could we at least give it a shot for a series......If Steddy is struggling for whatever reason, lets see what CB can do, just once!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

I hope it’s sooner rather than later that Stets can quit making excuses. I have trouble seeing how “having fun” has anything to do with Bowers having to leave his feet because the ball is so far over his head in an attempt to catch a well set up screen pass.

”Pressing” doesn’t enter the picture when on two plays receivers got behind their man by five yards for long TDs and the ball was thrown into the next zip code.

The offense was unstoppable against Oregon when Bennett’s accuracy was spot on and yards after catch were off the charts. Now, for five games, far too often even Bennett’s completions are poorly thrown.

If Bennett’s poor passing is because of a lack of “fun” and “pressing” against the likes of Little Sisters of the Poor and bad Missouri and Auburn teams, the Dawgs are in trouble if they should get behind a good team.

C’mon Stets, you are better than this!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Carson Beck could stretch the field. Stetson's passing skills are limited, and that will bite us before the season is over.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, the problem is that Smart refuses to let Beck be given a REAL chance unless he were to get injured. I mean, he swaps out every other play in every other position but refuses to give a series or two to another QB in anything less than cleanup time. Our defense can't win games for us like they did last year.

The one thing I am 100% sure of is that when the defense knows you can't throw long, they WILL STOP YOUR RUN GAME. Bennett has always had issues with that long NFL-sideline-pass and without that ability, he is not going to get the opportunity for screens and other short passes.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ll Never win a National Title with Stetson Bennett at QB…….Oh Wait I’m sorry just flash backs to comments from last year. And oddly enough allot of those comments about this time of the year last year. Ouch those down votes hurt, Not really.