Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart provides injury updates on Stetson Bennett, Jalen Carter and others ahead of Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart provides injury updates on Stetson Bennett, Jalen Carter and others ahead of Vanderbilt

Georgia coach Kirby Smart provided an injury update on a few key Bulldogs coming out of Saturday’s game against Auburn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson's not even on the injury list.

Doesn't mean he doesn't need to get better.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Playing ANY injured players (ESPECIALLY JCARTER) this week vs Vandy would be highly questionable. Why not give injured players 3 weeks to get well for FU? Let CBeck play 2 quarters and BVG 1 quarter.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rest all of these players as that means a 2-3 weeks of rest for most of them before Florida.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why not rest Stetson for the next game - you can tell his shoulder hurts. Let him play a quarter and let Beck and Vandergriff play.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Stetson is not at 100%, let him rest until he fully recovers. This will give more talented passers more game time and receivers a better chance to catch a ball that is actually thrown to them.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NOT making excuses for Stetson. But even if his shoulder only has a slight “twinge” in it that Might account for some of the bad passes in a portion of the game vs. Mizzou and the Auburn game. I honestly don’t know. But it’s a possibility. The Kent St. game was pretty stinky on a team basis. My big hope is get the W on Vandy by scoring Big as early as possible. Get the reserve guys in to get game experience snaps. And Rest all the key players. I’m hoping that with getting some injured guys back, a little rest for the whole team, watching loads of film, and some really hard work on the practice field we will see a much better version of our Dawgs after the Bye. We’ll see how it all pans out……..

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This team has not reached the point where it can just arbitrarily sit starters and count on a blowout win -- or a win at all. Missouri game showed that. I don't think Carter plays because I doubt he's healthy enough. I think Bennett is "fine." He overthrew two receivers on deep balls Saturday and he didn't grab his arm or shoulder in pain after he threw it. The true starters need to play Saturday -- if they're healthy enough -- until the game is completely in hand, whenever that might be. None of this assuming or taking taking teams for granted business. Approach Vanderbilt as you would Bama. THAT is how great teams stay great. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopeful is Kirby code for they will be out a little longer🤣. Only one I see possibly playing is Mondon. I expect Mitchell and Smith to each get a few reps just for game speed purposes.

All goes according to plan we see Beck in the 3rd qtr and Brock in the 4th. Stetson needs to work on his intermediate and deep ball timing.