Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Vanderbilt instant observations as Bulldogs crush Commodores

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Vanderbilt instant observations as Bulldogs crush Commodores

Georgia football cruised to another easy victory over the Vanderbilt Commodores.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The anchor was definitely “down” for the Vandy offense today! 😂 Go Dawgs!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boy, hard to find any bad in a win like today but I’m not sure I agree there isn’t anything to complain with Bennett. His inability to throw beyond 10-yards is going to be a concern in upcoming games and if the O line continues to not get a surge for the run, there will be some bigger challenges than there should be. Without that long ball threat, teams will stack the box and dare you to go deep and judging from the past 4-games, that just isn’t something UGA can do right now. All that being said, a great win and really great to see Gilbert get some snaps and to see Blaylock get a TD and finally, to see the re-discovery of Jackson as a threat.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now the season really begins.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Boy, SB cannot throw the deep ball almost at all.

Any pass over 15 yards thru the air appears to be almost nonexistent with Bennett at the helm.

Stnchcomb can repeat until he is blue in the face that Georgia receivers have the balls “bounce off their hands”, which he said on air 6 separate times prior to the 12 minute mark in the third qtr, but the reason for Bennett’s inconsistency and going almost 4 full games w/o a TD pass is because of Bennett.

And what’s with all the arm flailing and eye-rolling by Bennett in the 2nd and 3rd quarter at the sidelines?

And what’s with all the gimmick plays thrown to Bowers and McIntosh 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage? That’s stuff isn’t going to work against UT and MSU and UK SEC defenses; it isn’t working great against Kent state and Missouri and Vandy; so please stop it and design plays for terrific playmakers that are on the field to get the ball DOWN THE FIELD; not relying on them to break 3 tackles before they reach the LOS or expecting one skinny WR to pickup and block a safety AND a 240 pound OLB already closing in for the tackle.

This offense better buckle up, because the real schedule is about to begin, and if they aren’t putting up 35 ppg, they are gonna be putting a lot of pressure on their young defense who is still just learning and growing and don’t have the returning experience that the offense does.

Weren’t we told all offseason and all summer that the offense was going to have to pick up the slack because they had all of the returning players coming back?

Good win and all, but let’s be real here please: it was Vanderbilt. There is no circumstance that a clearly rebuilding Vanderbilt should be held close to our defending National Champion Dawgs in any way, shape, or form.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia has definitely gotten revenge on Vandy for canceling not once but twice on us 2 years ago and not allowing those seniors recognition on senior day. The last 2 games Georgia destroyed Vandy by a combined scoot 117-0. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett had a great 1st half dinking and dunking and running on occasion like I said that’s what he does best. However what was the 3rd quarter deal? Beck comes in and makes some beautiful throws and immediately we score a TD. So we went from a dismal start to a fast start only to score on 2 FG’s in the 3rd? Sort of left a bad taste in my mouth til Beck and the 2nd team lit it up. I guess I’m being picky but it was Vandy.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great to see Washington highlighted as he is (literally) another huge weapon as well as some intermediate timing throws. Hopefully getting back to full strength in the bye week will help with deep throw timing to stretch the field. I know it is only Vandy, but the defense is starting to grow up and any day you pitch a shut out is a good day! Go Dawgs!!!