Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia football-Tennessee game isn’t likely to be a night game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhy Georgia football-Tennessee game isn’t likely to be a night game

Georgia football takes on Tennessee on Nov. 5. The game is likely to start at 3:30 p.m. ET.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3:30 pm is the best time for our players to be prepared and mentally sharp. So I have no problem with a 3:30 pm game.

• Options
    fanchmanfanchman Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2022

If LSU can defeat Ole Miss this week, then there is an outside chance CBS will select Alabama vs LSU, with it potentially deciding the SEC West. I'm also considering that Georgia will be the 3:30 broadcast the week prior. It may be wishful thinking, but one can dare to dream. Either way I don't see Georgia Tech being a night game, so it looks like we'll have to wait another year for a great night atmosphere.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mid afternoon is good. However, many fans like the flashy stadium at night. The team. I believe, plays its best ball at 3:30 pm. Most focused. Reasons vary.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mid afternoon is good. However, many fans like the flashy stadium at night. The team. I believe, plays its best ball at 3:30 pm. Most focused. Reasons vary.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, CBS does a decent job carrying the SEC matchups, and they've been doing it for a long time. You'll have to flip back to the SEC Network occasionally if you want to keep up with the volleyball scores at the bottom of the screen! LOL GO Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly can't believe this was even turned into a story. Talk about making chicken salad out of chicken #$%!* It is painfully OBVIOUS that Georgia-Tennessee won't be a night game. It wasn't even debatable in that, for CBS, the 3:30 spot IS their prime-time window -- and CBS is clearly going to take UGA vs. UT. Even if we were to lose to UF, the UGA-Tennessee game would STILL be the game to decide the SEC East and thus be of significance to CBS. But wow, good on you Connor for finding a "creative" way to take 750 words to explain a simple game-time start.

• Options

I recall that both Jon Stinchcomb and Jake Fromm have noted that 3:30 pm is the best time for a home game for purposes of player preparation and focus.

• Options
    Litespeed3654Litespeed3654 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Unfortunately, that is the way the cookie crumbles... the schedule didn't lend itself to any intriguing match up to displace the A&M - Saban drama, so here we sit for another day game. I think the Stadium is different at night and the crowd is different, but I am sure that the Dawg Fans will be just as energized for this game, as they should, and ready to help our team clinch the SEC East again.. final thought, we have to get past Florida.. so one game at a time

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very thoughtful post!

I, for one, enjoyed Connor's article because it shed light on the history of the game selection as to why and how CBS picks first and for how long as well as other things!

I believe if Coach Kirby continues along this path with the evaluation, recruiting and development of these young men, there will be plenty of "night" games in our future!

Especially in December and January!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember when the Florida Gators came calling for a night game at Sanford in 1996...not good (7-47). I'll stick with the 3:30 game happily.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Agree about focusing on Florida, and given Kirby’s infamous half time locker room speech last year, I feel confident he will have his team ready to ‘break’ Florida ‘mentally and physically’—benefits of having an HC who is an alumnus and former Dawg player! 🤣

As to the night game thing, while night games are exciting, the 3:30 pm time slot is actually the best fan experience—plenty of time for tailgating and the game gets over early enough to either get home safely or enjoy some Athens nightlife! Plus… as I have said elsewhere, 3:30 pm is superior for our players being ready and focused! 👍

Edit: D-a-m-n, I wish I was going to the game! 😎

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am more disappointed with the fact that I know 3 weeks in advance that I have to endure Gary Danielson’s very bloviated nonsensical and mucho-annoying play-by-play than I am with the knowledge that it will not be a night game.

🤷‍♂️

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

Can you imagine the gratitude CBS has from the campus police . Now instead of all day drinking and mixing in a few obnoxious hillbillies for a night game they can do what they are best at . Protecting the campus from overzealous tailgaters from putting any coolers on the sidewalk before 7am .

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman