Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida gameplan: Riled up Gators aim to keep Stetson Bennett in ‘bubble’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageFlorida gameplan: Riled up Gators aim to keep Stetson Bennett in ‘bubble’

ATHENS — Florida has caused problems for Stetson Bennett before, and the Gators are scheming to come after the Georgia quarterback again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Same old mouthy Gators. Doesn't matter what year, decade, or century, it's always the same...

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t believe a redshirt FRESHMAN is smack-talking like a typical lizard 🦎 senior. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope all their attention is on stopping Bennett. After we run it down their throat for a quarter or so they'll have to adjust and Bennett will then eat them up. Hopefully he doesn't have to throw many bombs and can use his legs and short to medium passing game to move the ball.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“We can go out there and actually compete, and not just compete but actually be a football game. It’s going to be a fight.”

It sounds to me like Sapp is trying to convince himself that they’re ready for a fight. If Bennett is the only one they’re concerned about, it’s going to be a long afternoon for the Gators. As this article rightly points out, Bennett was less than stellar in this matchup last year and the Dawgs still curb-stomped them. UGA has more than enough weapons (including a really good Stetson Bennett) on both sides of the ball again this year to overwhelm the Gators. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's look at Florida...a moderately good team: wins over #7 Utah..close game.....S Florida, E Washington and Mizzou...except for Utah, nothing stellar here. Losses to #20 KY, #11 TN (at that time), and LSU...all SEC teams. Close games but came up short each time. Now #1 UGA: the best of whom they have played period...IMO. Florida has not improved as the season has worn on. They have maintained, but really not improved....IMO. Sapp is trying to rile up his mates. Cannot blame him for that. Florida will soon see these Dawgs bite as well as they bark. Stetson needs to move out of that "bubble" Sapp taunts and quickly. SB has great legs and arm on the run and should be able to pick apart the FL secondary. The OL will protect him. I just cannot see Florida...a three-loss team....giving UGA that much trouble. UGA will wear them out...they will sap all of Sapp's strength...lol.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once again, a concise, accurate and unbiased article by MG. It is great to get this kind of reporting that gives you insight and facts - sometimes things we want to hear, but sometimes things we don't. That is good, old fashioned reporting in this world of biased, talking heads and keyboard warriors. I enjoy the homeristic overtones from BA, CR and the rest, but I do love the articles from MG about each game (pre and post) that tell it like it is. Honestly, I am worried about Stetson in this game - Florida has been a boogey man of sorts for our QB. He has not shined in any of the games that he has played in against the Gators. HOPEFULLY, that will change this Saturday and he shakes that **** off his back and crushes the Gators with good decision making and a showcase of his mobile and throwing skills. We will see if he is on target, or whether he is throwing over, under or to the back or front sides of his intended targets. Alabama was a boogey man for Stetson, and he shook that **** off, I hope shakes this one off as well.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we out-physical them, we'll be just fine, and don't allow their run game to get going. I don't believe they can just pass it down the filed with consistency. Provided we cover well of course.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dawgs are getting everyone's best shot for sure. I was surprised by what appeared to be a loss of composure in the first half of the Mizzou game by SBIV...and I'm sure UF and UT will be on an all out assault to start the upcoming games. This is over-simplifying things, but the Dawgs will just have to weather storms early and let their talent and depth win in the end.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Stetson can throw without being pressured to uncovered receivers, he will be okay. If that doesn't happen, it will look like the first part of the Missouri game.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Edwards and Robinson are this year's edition of Tim Worley and Keith Henderson, who couldn't be stopped, back in 1985, when the Dawgs CRUSHED #1 Florida 24-3. And keep the gator D honest by passing to Mount Washington.