Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC Power Rankings: Top Dawg Georgia aims to limp through rivalry game, Tennessee gaining momentum

SystemSystem Posts: 11,090 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageSEC Power Rankings: Top Dawg Georgia aims to limp through rivalry game, Tennessee gaining momentum

ATHENS — Half of the Southeastern Conference football teams are in the AP Top 25, a nod to the team’s incredible depth this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 215 ✭✭✭ Junior

i certainly hope we do more than limp.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dazzledawg Missing key players = limp ... but yeah, Missouri and Auburn there was a bit of a limp at times. Does Vanderbilt count? LOL

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is all those upper ankle sprains...limping.....lol....believe me....UGA is NOT limping into anything as all the pundits will soon see.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully both Jalen Carter and AD Mitchell will be back by the time the Dawgs face the Vols. I say Hopefully because I know it’s not a guarantee at this current time. Of the two it seems AD Mitchell may be more questionable. It would be Great for the Dawgs if they can have Both back and close to 100% by then. Could actually be the difference in the game in favor of the Dawgs. I Love the Dawgs and I’m a staunch fan, but sometimes you have to acknowledge your rivals. The Vols have earned credit for playing great football and do deserve respect. BUT, I think it Will make a significant difference playing them at home in Athens rather than in Knoxville. I think Dawgs fans Know how important this game is and will show up in force and be loud, Very Loud. I also think that the “Experts” and much of sports media have sort of issued the Dawgs a challenge an ultimatum so to speak. And it seems to this long time Dawgs fan that our Dawgs play Better when they are challenged. The Vols did Earn their win vs Bama. I’m not trying to take that away from them, besides that it’s in the official record books Lol !! But the version of the Tide they faced was surely Not a version of Bama teams we’ve seen in the past ( we’ve meaning All SEC teams) and Might not see that awful again this season. I mean 17 penalties !!! That is Not characteristic of a usual Nick Saban Bama team. Now that said it can be stated that with a certain amount of fact that “Well great teams can cause rivals to have allot of penalties”. Yes that would be a fair statement. But Nick Saban & Bama with 17 penalties ?? I could wrong, grossly wrong, and it sure wouldn’t be the first time. But I don’t think our Dawgs will “help” the Vols with close to that many penalties. I don’t believe they will and I certainly hope not. The Vols Are a Very Good team and you can’t help them with that many penalties and hope to win !! I don’t know what happened with Bama and really don’t care but they were Very undisciplined in that game. I think it’s gonna be a Huge battle for Both teams, that will be decided only at the very end of all 4 qtrs. But when the dust is settled I Believe our Dawgs will get the W in the toughest game that they have or Will play in all regular season. If Carter & Mitchell are back and both are pretty close to 100% I like our chances even better. But first things first, Kirby and our Dawgs Better Be fully focused on the Mud Lizards and getting a W on them !! As fans we can Afford to debate and speculate etc. days, weeks, months in advance but Kirby and our beloved Dawgs don’t have that luxury. One game at a time !! Play hard, stay focused, execute, get the W, move on to the next opponent. I’d Sure hate to stumble verses the Mud Lizards !! And they’d dearly love to knock off our Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Right on, Navy. One thing I'd like to add to this, is that after that orange win over an incredibly beatable-looking Bummer team, media types were talking about how Heupel is the best coach in the SEC, and that those orangemen ought to be the number one team because of that to-the-wire win. With that being the case, if (hopefully when) the Dawgs come out on top of that one -- and provided this weekend also goes well for all involved -- do we think that our boys start actually getting the same hype as they were getting after that opening game again, or does the narrative switch to "well, I guess we were wrong about Tennessee" and that's it? Not that it's worth much one way or the other; just speculating.

• Eric_CEric_C Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gotta say it gets my attention to see the vols run defense creeping up that high. I haven't watched much of their games outside of the Alabama win, but is that statistic a reflection of their opponents playing catch up from way behind vs just being a great rush defense? That's what I'd like to think at least.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep I hear you !! And agree. You know Much of the media tends to be very egotistical. It’s very hard for them to just with No Strings say I (we) were wrong. I give TN their due they do look to be Very good. But You know as well as most Dawgs fans playing them in Knox is Usually allot different than playing them in Athens. And not to beat a hole through the drum but I think they just caught a Arrogant Bama team coming into the game off guard !! 17 penalties !! You Know Kirby and staff are preaching against any and all Rat Poison for our Dawgs. And he’s probably preaching Forget TN For NOW, let’s go take care of business with UF first !! Makes one wonder will the Vols get caught looking ahead to UGA ?? I’m not saying our Dawgs are exempt from looking ahead but I bet Kirby and staff preach against it every day. Now you also know Kirby and staff have watched film until their eyes are about to bug out !! After the first few minutes where the possibility of penalties is high from nervous jitters ( I’ll grudgingly Sort Of allow that) I’d be Shocked if we see ALLOT of penalties from our Dawgs !! But what about the Vols and Their nervous jitters ?? This game will be like the Ntl. Title to them !! But Kirby and Coaching Staff and Still quite a allot of our players have been there, done that, and Really Do have the Tee Shirt !! THAT Might factor into the game, Especially in the early going. I just hope the A game like vs Oregon version of the Dawgs show up !! If that’s the case I Really like our chances !! If the vs Mizzou version shows up we Might be in for a long and sad day. Sorry so lengthy !! Go Dawgs !!