Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: Red-hot Tennessee and No. 1 Georgia could be on upset alert this weekend

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: Red-hot Tennessee and No. 1 Georgia could be on upset alert this weekend

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Josh Heupel is all about making the most of his opportunities in all respects.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

I certainly don’t wish anything bad on Stetson, but should he falter due to being less than 100%, we may witness Carson’s coming out party.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck has a stronger arm than Stetson, but I can't see Kirby benching Stetson no matter what he does. My dread is a shootout with Tennessee (or anyone actually) and Stetson can't keep us in the game. Stetson's biggest weakness is his arm strength.

Seldom do you see our receivers make their break and the ball is there. In the Vandy game Beck played most of the 4th quarter and his passes were crisp and the receivers did not have to wait on the ball.

Georgia's offense is based running the ball and Stetson making short passes. That is not the recipe for staying in a shootout.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

So the dawgs have a good D, but we certainly do not have last year's D. Stetson needs to hit it hard, and hit it quick. Our D bailed him out last year, when the offense did nothing for the better part of a half. Florida will be looking to rock Stetson's world with pressure, so we will see how he handles that.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Mike thinks the Florida defense will play their best game, by far. No way Florida holds Georgia under 31.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with ShoottheHooch. I never wish to see a player hurt on either side. However, if we get behind in this game, and it is possible, and Stet is less than 100% and seriously struggling, I hope to see Beck put in and see how he responds to carrying this team on his shoulders. He is more than likely our QB of the future and the experience would be invaluable. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

I'm rooting for Kentucky because I like them far more than Tennessee. That's a huge understatement as I hate Tennessee. It might be to our advantage for Tennessee to win, but I don't cheer for the Hillbillies or the the University of West Gainesville unless they're playing THE.

Speaking of THE, it looked like they were going to kill Penn State, but now PSU is ahead. I hate both teams and am hoping for a tie.

I'll take Arkansas, Ole Miss, and the Gamecocks for the win.

In terms of the uglÿ lizards, should they lose 173-0 this Dawg will be disappointed it's not 174-0. However, a 1-0 win over them would be satisfactory.

Regardless of anything I want all players on every team to avoid injury. As a huge Stetson fan, I want to see a W more than I care which Dawgs bring it home. Last season I wasn't impressed with Carson Beck; now he looks like the best backup quarterback in the nation.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A lot of you were talking about Bennett struggling and seeing Beck. Well, Bennett did struggled and STILL DIDN'T SEE BECK. I guess that is all we need to know.