Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Vince Dooley, legendary Georgia football coach and athletic director, passes away at 90

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageVince Dooley, legendary Georgia football coach and athletic director, passes away at 90

Vince Dooley, the winningest Georgia football coach in program history, passed away at the age of 90. The University of Georgia announced Dooley’s passing in an official statement.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Wow..very sad news. Seems like not long ago Coach Dooley was roaming the sideline as the Head Bulldog. We lost a truly great man who cared deeply about UGA.My prayers, and deepest condolences to the family. RIP Mr. Dooley.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The **** Good "Junkyard" Dawg...Vince, you will be sorely missed but your memory and legacy will forever breathe life into the greatness that the University of Georgia has become.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was the heart and soul of UGA when I was there and long after. RIP Vince and thanks for the memories.

• BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

My condolences to the family

A legend and one of the best ever has left us today and will be so greatly missed.

Rest In Peace Coach

If there was ever a DGD I'm certain that you topped that list.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man!! I always loved to watch his body language on the sidelines especially in tight games. He could be funny

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

A great coach who, if he had been a little more wide open offensively, like Bobby Bowden, could have won 2 - 4 more National Championships. He won't be forgotten, because Dooley Field will live on. RIP Coach.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you Coach for all you did for UGA. A legend indeed and for sure, a DGD! Rest In Peace coach, your work here on earth is done and done well my friend. My condolences to Barbara. Deanna, Daniel, Denise, Derek and the rest of their family and friends!

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

I loved how he would say that powder-puff U would be a tough game. They have an all-american kicker, etc. etc. and then UGA would beat the snot out of them. RIP Coach. Glad I was there during one of your best runs. - UGA '85

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My fondest memory of Coach Vince was in 1964 when as first-year UGA head coach..a day after Christmas, he led the Dawgs to his first Sun Bowl win over Texas Tech.....7-0. He donned that massive but colorful Texas Sombrero and we all had a big chuckle. Coach Vince was an honorable man and a winner. Winningest coach in Dawg history and second in the SEC. I will miss him. We all will miss him. He was Georgia football. My deepest condolences to Barbara and the family.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From our family to the Dooley Family, Coach Dooley’s close friends, and all of Dawg Nation, our heartfelt Prayers and sincere Condolences. Though not the Coach at UGA when I was born into this world, Coach Dooley Was the Head Coach when I became a Dawgs fan at age 6 or 7. He’s is the primary image of my earliest memories of the Georgia Bulldogs. I didn’t know him on a personal basis, but I believe with all my heart that he was a man of Honor and great Integrity. He not only loved the University of Georgia ( which he loved and lived with passion) he loved the entire State Of Georgia. He was a great Coach, a great American, a great Georgian, and a great Man. Thank You for all the wonderful memories Coach Dooley. You Will be missed and Remembered. May You Rest In Peace. You made a very positive impact on countless lives.

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So sad. A great coach who has always meant so much to the University, but even a better man with all the lives he has impacted on an off the field. Praying for his family and all he impacted through his life.