Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,707 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA finally showed up again in the 4th qtr. and that is what they seem to do. I'll take the win. Score could have gone higher against a much inferior squad....but fumbles and a pick. Good to see Jalen moving bodies out there again. Stetson should have run the ball some.. IMO. You cringe when he stays put. Cannot let down against TN,...they just crushed KY 44 to 6....and KY ranked 19th. Scrimmage. They will be ready for the Dawgs...make no mistake. Hopefully the Dawgs will be ready for them in Athens. Kirby all but shrugged off the 3rd period FL beat down in his presser. I was a bit amazed at that but that is Kirby. Dawgs will need 4 solid quarters against the Vols.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with all you have said. Not contradicting you in the least bit. But You Know this much better than I do. UF could have the worse team they’ve had in years and have lost nearly all the games before playing the Dawgs but Still come out and play the best football that they have played or will play all year against our Dawgs !! That’s why I’m Always a little nervous about the annual meeting in Jax !! And you know this much better than I do to, Strange things seem to just about every time happen in that game !! It just ain’t normal Lol !! My humble opinion is we ought to try to flip the script on TN and try to Run the ball more and Pass the ball less. These first 8 games have been pass First and More then sprinkle in the run. I think with the Big and Strong O line we have and versatile stable of RBs we have we should Run first and sprinkle in the pass, preferably as easy passes but will still get first downs as possible. If we start turning the ball over to the Vols then it’s game over for our Dawgs. If nothing else if we run the ball more maybe it’ll keep their Quick Tempo Offense on the sideline longer. Two last things that will help 1) SO Glad the game will be in Athens !! 2) I don’t know the mechanics of Why but Kirby seemed to fare very well against Gus Malxahn and his Quick Tempo O and also did pretty well vs Heupel in Knoxville last year. Course I realize we had a much better Defense then and the Vols weren’t as experienced with their new Head Coach at the time. What’s your take ?? Would it be wise to Start the game running the ball until they show they can stop it consistently ?? I have allot of respect for our fellow Dawgs fans opinions on here, but especially yours as you’ve seen the Very Best Dawgs and the Very Worse Dawgs and in between !! Finally one last question the BIG question. What’s your gut feeling telling you , will we beat the Vols this Sat. ?? Thx in advance for your answers !! Go Dawgs !! Oh and my humble opinion is Dawgs Win in a War !!!! Very close score maybe even only by a FG !!

• Options

Oh Yes so glad Carter is back !! Now if we could get AD Mitchell back and him be as close to 100% as possible under the circumstances. Course I realize with the type injury he’s had And being away so long he probably won’t be able to step right in and be his ole self right away. But we Need all hands on deck for this Saturday !! The more the better !! And our younger players on Both sides of the ball are gonna have to have the game of their lives !! Make or break time Dawgs !! Make or break !! Time to really Show that UGA is an Elite program !! Defending National Champions !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know that "everyone deals with injuries" and "next man up", but these injuries concern me, going into the Tenn. game. Especially Nolan Smith and the guys on the O-line. Smith's absence yesterday was very evident as the Defense seemed confused at times. Don't get me wrong, the Defense played great overall, minus the 3rd quarter, but will it be effective against a much better Tenn. team? I'm glad we play at home this week. Hopes and prayers that everyone is healthy for Saturday!!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really excited to have Carter back and really hope Smith is good for next week. Smith is such a tone setter in all aspects of the game. Chambliss looked like he grabbed his hamstring after his sack and i know that was what had him out so I’m hoping he is good to go as well.

The outcome of the UT game will hinge on the offense and their ability to score and control the game. That being said, I believe DAWGS win 45-38. Gonna be one for the ages for sure.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@navydawg

No, that wasn't the best that Florida has played all year. The Tennessee game was 38-33. Florida had the ball in Tennessee territory at the end with a chance to win. Richardson had 500 yards of total offense in that game. Plus the game was in Knoxville. Florida played a better game against Utah in the opener, though in that contest they were fully healthy and had all offseason to gameplan. Florida also played pretty good on offense against LSU and put up 35 points. Their defense, however, made Jayden Daniels look like Lamar Jackson in giving up 6 TDs to the guy.

Florida's gameplan against UGA was weird. It really does seem as if their goal was to get Richardson out of that game with his confidence intact so he could give them a shot at winning 3 of their next 4 to end the season with a winning record and a bowl berth. I don't like conceding games, but if Napier threw a battle that he had no real shot at prevailing in order to win the war (save his season) then just call the first half against UGA Napier's Dunkirk.

• Options

Don’t know why I’m even bothering to respond to you. I’m a glutton for punishment I guess. If you go back and read I didn’t say THIS particular game was UF’s best effort. I said I always worry before this game as we Usually get their best effort. And I said strange things happen in Jax. Which was semi humor. Then I said it ain’t normal. Which was total humor. If your gonna troll and I give you credit your persistent at it, at least sharpen your troll skills. No Need to feel you need to respond. 🙄