Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Auburn football fires Bryan Harsin, releases official statement

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageAuburn football fires Bryan Harsin, releases official statement

Bryan Harsin’s time at Auburn is done, as the school announced it would be parting with the second year coach on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, Helen Keller could have saw this coming...

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They change coaches like a model changes outfits...

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know he has almost zero coaching experience. But bring in Cam Newton!!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best day of this poor guy’s life - big payout and get out of that nut house. Always amazed how they find anyone to be AD or coach there and the amazing thing about all of it is the seeming lack of shame with that institution. I believe he is probably a pretty good coach that will land somewhere much saner and he will be able to coach without multiple “supporters” creating problems.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Harsin was never a good choice for AU. What on earth were they thinking? He had zero recruiting chops in the SE. Then he fired anyone that did. He came off as prickly and in over his head. Did he even understand the AU hierarchy and pecking order? He was not given a fair shot. Charles Barkley showing support for him was the only classy thing that came out of Auburn.

UGA has their eyes on the AU RB commit out of AL , Cobb. The ball is in your court Mr. Cobb.

AU needs an ace recruiter. Deion fits that bill but he is his own man and will not kowtow to a bunch of boosters and administrators (Same w/Kiffin). Will he abandon his HBCU mission for $$$ after a few seasons? McGee/Searels? Prob not a big enough name/experience. O'Brien? Multiple team retread looking to get back in the NFL. Rhule? Maybe.

• adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

UGA had owned them since before Smart got there. I believe it was the ‘06 season under Richt when UGA started to really dominate them.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McGee would be too smart and too good of a hire for Auburn…thank the Lord!

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

A 15m dollar payout to go away. You would think these schools would learn a lesson about these multi year, multi million dollar contracts.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's been there less than two years, gets fired, will receive $7.75 million in a few weeks with an equal payout later.

I have no experience. I hate Auburn. I don't want to live in Alabama. I know nothing about recruiting. That's my resume, and I'm officially throwing my name into the hat. I submit I could do a great job, being smart and well qualified in my current profession. If I'm wrong, well, it would be okay to fire me, but please, Auburn, give me a chance.

If the place was good enough for Vince Dooley it will be good enough for me.

All I ask is what all Auburn coaches ask, please fire me.

Go, Dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guess they want the new Athletic Director to have a clean slate when he takes over. Now he doesn't have to come in and watch Harsin for a few weeks to fire him, "out of fairness to Bryan and his family." If I had to guess, Kiffin will be their top choice, followed by Ruhle. For a bunch of reasons, I highly doubt they hire Deion Sanders, but I would not be at all surprised if he didn't get an interview. In fact, I rather expect it. Speaking of AD's, what's the deal with Mississippi State? Why do their AD's keep leaving them for other SEC schools? The last guy, Scott Stricklin, left them for Florida and he's a Mississippi State alum.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kinda hate to see him go.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

15 million buy out...yeah he's a winner in my book.

• 1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

"The Tigers have struggled against Georgia since Smart became the head coach"

Connor, just for the record, Richt went 10-5 against Auburn. That included winning eight of his last ten against them. Kirby is just carrying on the destruction.