Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football will go about replacing all that Nolan Smith brought to the table

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia football will go about replacing all that Nolan Smith brought to the table

Georgia football will have to work hard to replace Nolan Smith.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I sure hate this for Nolan and his teammates. And for Dawg Nation. There are allot of Dawgs I’d love to meet personally and be able to chat with. But Nolan Smith is one that’s right there in the top Dawgs I’d like to talk with. I don’t know him personally but he seems by all I’ve seen and read to be a great DGD Off the field of play as much as he’s a phenomenal player On the field of play. He is a Huge loss to the Dawgs. But there Really Is only one thing that can be done and that’s plug the guys in that were behind him. This is those guys Golden opportunity to shine for their team and themselves. Having J.Carter back and from Kirby sounds like Carter is feeling pretty well, is absolutely Huge !! I’m thinking and Hoping that Robert Beal can do well. During the course of his time at UGA we’ve seen him make some pretty good plays. As a Senior he should know the system thoroughly. And like the article said the Entire Dawgs Defense is just gonna have to elevate their level of play even more. This is game #9 so even the younger guys should have a decent grip on what’s expected of them. These young guys were 4 and 5 star players coming out of HS, so it’s time for them to showcase Why there was all the hype about them coming to UGA. To put it bluntly ( but Not sarcasm) it’s the Ole put up or shut up time !! I think it’s gonna be the toughest game the Dawgs have played or will play on the Regular season. But after a Very hard fought battle I think the Dawgs get a Very close score W. Game being in Athens is also Huge !! If it had been in Knox we might well be looking at a L on the scoreboard.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am so saddened by this report. I know Nolan is. His UGA days are likely over. Torn Pec is a really tough one. Next ...men ... up. It will take more than one to fill these pads. Robert and Chaz will give their all I am sure....others as well. Chin up.....UGA must move on. The Vols know about this and will take appropriate measures I am sure, knowing UGA's best pass rusher is gone. Elite is as elite does. His replacements will respond to the bell.......GO DAWGS!!! A team is not one player.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt!

Unless he gets caught in a substitution issue where conditioning might be a factor as a result of the pace that UTjr. offense poses.

I believe the UGA coaching staff will be very mindful of that fact as they work through the substitution that the pace allows. However, I could see UTjr. trying to take advantage of that while he is in there.

But, overall, I like the chances of our defense v. their offense!

Go Dawgs! Hate on vols!

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

These comments are STRICTLY related to play on the field/production. And let me just say that I feel SOOOO bad for Nolan. The epidemy of a DGD Based on across-the-board stats (overall production), will it be difficult for UGA to replace N. Smith? I know the intangibles part is impossible to replace - leadership, in game experience, etc.. But do we really think from a talent perspective there isn't an equal, perhaps more talented option behind Nolan?

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I hate to hear this from a football perspective, I dislike it even more from his perspective. To see a leader of his magnitude that gives 100% at everything he does for UGA, be without what is so dear to him is just painful. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Smith and a great pro career as he moves forward. Gonna be a big loss but we definitely have the players to fill in.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nolan Smith WAS the on field captain, calling all of the defensive plays. Who fills that role now? Is it Dumas-Johnson?