Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football College Football Playoff rankings Week 10

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football College Football Playoff rankings Week 10

ATHENS — The first College Football Playoff rankings have dropped, adding further debate going into Saturday’s game between No. Georgia Georgia and No. 1 Tennessee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I got the first 3 right... surprised about Clemson over Michigan...TCU gets no respect!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You know what? I think UGA wins Saturday. Bennett will have a big game and UGA's front 7 will disrupt their rhytmn on offense. Tennessee is not as good as Alabama was last year. Possibly better coaching but less talent.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

while it does not really matter, I have to say I am disappointed in the rankings. A dominating win against number 8 at a nearby field should certainly trump a near loss to the number 6 team on your home field. A regulation win against a poor Missouri team would seem better than having to play overtime against Pitt. A 20+ win against Florida in a stadium close to their campus vs a 5 point win against Florida at home should count more. The only edge I see going to Tenn is a win against a Jeckle and Hyde LSU squad. Please help me understand what I am missing.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really?? Ranked 3rd??!! Finally a challenge. IT'S ON!! LET'S GO DAWGS!!! 😈

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love how informed these experts are. They are actually talking about quality wins and yet they have Clemson in at #4?! ACC is terrible with no team deserving of a top 20 ranking period. Their only hope just got boat raced by Louisville this past week. They can’t even get a common-opponent assessment right - DAWGs rolled UF in a neutral site while UT gave up almost 600 yards and squeaked out with a win at home. Hopefully the DAWGS will settle this Saturday. Go DAWGs

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t worry about “quality” wins because we will beat the committee’s #1 team on Saturday. I rest my case 😉. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

The great thing is this gets decided on the field Saturday. In the words of the great Evander Holyfield during a pre-fight media event with Mike Tyson "It don't matter what you say, we gonna fight anyway!" We'll know who the best team is by 7:00p Saturday.

• Options

@Spdawg

Good grief man. UGA has 2 wins against teams over .500: Oregon and 5-3 South Carolina. The rest are 3-5 Vandy, 3-5 Auburn, 4-4 Missouri, and 4-4 Florida.

Meanwhile Tennessee has wins over 7-1 Alabama, 6-2 LSU and 5-3 Kentucky. Your other stuff is just nonsense. Your blowout win over Oregon is more meaningful than Tennessee's close win over Alabama? Not when everyone knows that Alabama would beat Oregon by 3 scores. UGA fans hype Oregon because you beat them but come on ... they're a Pac-12 program with Bo Nix at QB. They would be no better than .500 against SEC competition and you know it.

So all you have to hang your hat on is UGA beating Florida worse than Tennessee beat Florida. Stick to that and leave it there till Saturday. Otherwise you are claiming that a victory over Oregon is more meaningful than victories over top 10 Alabama and LSU teams, something that no one who has followed SEC football for 5 minutes would ever claim.

• Options

Clemson has beaten Alabama twice in championship games. One of them was an epic for the ages between two future starting NFL QBs (Deshaun Watson and Jalen Hurts) and the other one was such a blowout that Clemson actually took a knee in the red zone in the closing minutes (which Nick Saban infamously DID NOT DO against Texas ... and that was also a matchup between the current starting QBs of Miami and Jacksonville). When UGA is similarly accomplished, then you will have the right to belittle Clemson. The ACC is actually better now than it was when Clemson knocked off Bama the second time. Meanwhile the ACC was pretty good back in 2014, and the result was FSU getting run out of the stadium by Oregon in the first round.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Right. The same Alabama lucky to beat Texas and its back up quarterback. Show people you don’t really understand college football without saying you don’t understand college football. And LSU which couldn’t beat FSU at home. But yeah, a 11am game in Baton Rouge is a lot to be proud of.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched that LSU game and they played awfully. Kelly probably made another "executed" comment after that game.

If you doubt how few LSU fans were there, just find it on Youtube. It was NOT a hostile Death Valley environment like Sanford will be.

Pitt was the closest thing the Vols have experienced this year, but still nothing like Sanford will be.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We must have been reading 2 different articles - I didn’t see anything here about 2014 teams or any of the previous seasons. This is about this season and these specific teams. No one said Clemson wasn’t a good program but to think they are what they have been in the past or that the ACC has quality is not facing the facts of the 2022 season. Again, UGA can settle this Saturday but either way - GO DAWGS

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A bunch of panty-waisted college administrators are college football “experts”? Give me a break! We could put together a committee just from those that comment on this DN blog and be just as qualified to establish a legitimate college football ranking.

That being said, I couldn’t be happier being third! We went into the playoffs last year in the same position and Kirby played that card perfectly. Kirby relishes being the hunter. Let the committee continue to ensure that’s the case!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, they said what put Tennessee over UGA (2 Quality wins). So, what put OSU over UGA? What was their big quality win? LOL...What a joke these people are.

It doesn't matter much. I know Kirby is ecstatic and Heupel's Vols are completely lost. They haven't experienced this level of success and hype in decades. They aren't prepared for the pressure. They will be straight-lining Rat Poison for 5 full days before they enter the Junkyard Dawg Pen and the boys will be drooling and hungry when they arrive. LOL

I thought UGA would stomp a mud hole in their chest, Saturday, to the tune of 54-27. NOW, I don't think they will score 27 points. Maybe, 16 points would be more in line with the times. LOL

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

DawgFans should care less. will change in a few days, anyways. It will be nice to say we beat the #1 ranked team in the country.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"It will be nice to say we beat the #1 ranked team in the country."

Exactly right, my Friend.

Here's a scenario for ya...

IN THE EAST: UT beats UGA in OT. Loses to South Carolina in Columbia in week 12. UGA and UT both finish the season at 11-1. UT gets the SECCG Bid based on head-to-head tiebreaker.

IN THE WEST: LSU beats BAMA by a TD and owns the West tiebreaker. LSU wins out and represents the West in the SECCG.

SECCG MATCHUP: TENN (11-1) vs LSU (10-2) ------------LSU wins in OT

That would give the SEC a two loss champion. A two loss runner-up and a one loss East Co-Champion. Who goes to the CFP? UGA and LSU? The same scenario can be drawn up using Ole MISS rather than LSU.

GREAT FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

PISS-POOR CFP COMMITTEE: Inconsistencies scar this CFP Committee's logic. Logic??? LOL There really is none. The Committee's directive, is to ensure OSU or MICH or both, make it to the CFP. UGA & BAMA are old news and the powers-that-be (ESPN) have been directed to skew the coverage.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Media, responsible for reporting and analyzing, actually putting their thumb on the scales, to influence an outcome. CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBR and PBS have been doing this since we went to a 24 hour news cycle. ESPN is trying to effect an outcome that appeals to their audience.

How, in God's name, is Clemson ranked that high? Where is their quality win? Michigan is laying claim to Penn ST. What is OSU hanging their hat on?

If we go to a 12 team playoff...as long as they use humans to decide, the decisions are bound to be biased and fallible. It will only be 3 times as absurd as it is now. LOL Under that scheme, Texas could actually make the CFP.