Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart updates Georgia injuries Tennessee week; Adonai Mitchell return would provide lift

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates Georgia injuries Tennessee week; Adonai Mitchell return would provide lift

The Georgia pass game could get a lift if receiver Adonai Mitchell is able to return from the high ankle sprain he suffered the second game of the season and be ready to go against Tennessee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd love for Mitchell to play but nothing -- NOTHING -- in this story indicates that he will, or even might, play. In fact, in another forum, Kirby Smart would only say that he's "hopeful" to get him back this week, the same thing he's said for the past month. It's Wednesday and if a guy is still "working on the side," it's highly unlikely that he'll play on Saturday. Maybe a lineman (like Amarious Mims) might be able to pull that off, but definitely not a receiver who needs the practice reps with the quarterback. So, I don't anticipate Mitchell playing at all, but the headline was a good trick. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh Yes having AD Mitchell back would Indeed be Great !! But we really Need some of these other receivers to Step Out BIG !! Y’all this is Now or Never time so some of these other guys are going to HAVE to Have the game of their lives. This is game #9 so I don’t mean any sarcasm or negativity toward our Dawg Receivers, but they should know the playbook now, know what’s expected of them, and they’ve had all these practices in between games. SO really there should be No Excuses when you think about it. It’s TIME, step up and play their hearts out !! That goes for The Mailman to. He’s GOT to deliver. A bit off topic here but I sure Hope our RBs will have the best game they’ve had thus far. As well as our O line. You know sometimes you have to give the rival some credit. The Vols HC and his staff have done a very good job coaching up the players they have to work with. BUT I sure Hope and I Believe that our Dawgs will be a Better Team than what the Vols faced when they played Bama in Knoxville. And I honestly Believe that our Dawgs ARE a better team than that particular version of Bama on that given night. It’s not a normal game for Nick Saban and his team to have 17 penalties. I don’t understand Why that happened completely ( I Sure don’t have Any sympathy for Saban and the Tide !!) But something went really bad for Bama on that given night, they didn’t look much like themselves at all. Neyland Stadium in a night game can be extremely loud and raucous, so I figure that did affect them to a degree. Still the Vols deserve credit and a measure of respect. BUT this ain’t gonna be Neyland on a Sat. night !! This is gonna be Sanford Stadium on DOOLEY Field !! I’m Confident our Dawgs are Very Motivated to beat the Vols for Numerous reasons one of which will be to Honor the Great Man that field is named after !! And I Believe our Dawg Fanbase will be as loud or Louder than they’ve ever been !! Lastly but just as important Kirby has been in these high pressure high stakes games Many times, so has Stetson Bennett now. I Believe our Dawgs will get the W after a very hard fought close score game !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McConkey, Blaylock, K. Jackson and Bell are enough to take it "over-the-top", if that's what UGA wants to do. It seemed,, intentional to me, that Smart and Monkin didn't try out the long game a little bit to flex that muscle.

I believe there were a number of reasons to ratchet-down UGA's explosive offense, after the Carolina game.

1. The hype was going off the rails. Smart needed to reign that in. UGA's true enemy had yet to reveal itself and it was apparent that '22 BAMA was NOT '20 or '21 BAMA.

2. Why reveal all of your weapons and schemes, just to run up the score for "pretty-points".

3. Last year, UGA pulled it's 1st team off the field in the 2nd or 3rd qtr, in 85% of it's games...denying it's 1st team the opportunity to maintain proficiency and stamina, going into the SECCG. This year, Smart and Monkin played it Smart (excuse the pun).

UGA will be more prepared for the CFP than ever before...and, they're darned sure ready for TENN. Over-the-top...up the middle...around the ends...whatever it takes. UGA is capable of doing it all, now.

Watch out for B. Robinson. That kid is special. It's like Knowshon Moreno and Nick Chubb had a baby. LOL. I really hope Monkin unleashes him against Tennessee.

All that being said,, I think the resounding question going into the game, Saturday....Is Tennessee ready for this moment? I don't think so. But, they WILL learn from it. AND, they WILL be back. Looking forward to the challenge.

UGA 54-TENN 27

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is the health status of Arian Smith? He is one that can really take the top off!

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hearing AD back would provide a lift is getting old. Yes he’s great and yes we all want him back but we have guys that can get it done.

Why is Gilbert listed as questionable (personal)? Did I miss something? Unless there is evidence to suggest that’s the case - take it off the list please.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like your score prediction! I've been thinking that UGA scores in the 50s and limits TN to below 30, but haven't been brave enough to post it.

TN fans are just off the rails overconfident. I think the game could go either way.

But if Kirby has the Defense ready and they show up, I think they could stop TN like they haven't been stopped all season.

Pitt tried it, but they don't have the personnel...their DL is nothing compared to ours and they came as close as anyone to rattling Hooker.

If Sanford is really loud, that will take their ability to audible, etc. at the line.