Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tennessee defense identifies Georgia ‘Agent Zero’ among Bulldogs’ biggest offensive threats

2»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs have at least two advantages going into this game. 1) This ain’t Neyland Stadium on a Sat. night !! It’s Sanford Stadium and on Dooley Field !! Kirby has challenged the Dawg Faithful to show up HUGE !! And I’m Extremely Confident that they Will !! Might end up being the Largest and Loudest Bunch of Dawgs Ever to this point in history !! We shall see !! 2) As a Coach ( notice I didn’t even specify as a Head Coach) Heupel has never been on a stage the size that Kirby has Many times. The biggest stage that Heupel has ever been on was on Friendly Ground in Knoxville with Yes the win over Bama. So Yes he does deserve some credit for that and a measure of respect. But Kirby was the DC and correct me if I’m wrong on this part but sort of the #2 man on Saban’s staff when they won a couple of Nattys. As HC of UGA Kirby has won an SEC Title, 4 SECE Titles if I’m correct on that and of course a National Title. So as a Coach in general Heupel has never faced the level of pressure that Kirby has. I’m gonna throw in a #3 for good measure. Although Yes we do have key guys injured all football teams do it’s part of the game, the guys Kirby has were primarily 4 and 5 stars coming out of HS, we all know that Kirby and staff are pretty selective about recruiting guys that meet Team Needs by position. Now I’ll give Coach Heupel a little more credit he has done a Very good job coaching up the players he has. BUT so has Kirby. I Believe that as a whole the Dawgs have better depth than the Vols do. And I Believe that as the game goes on that Could well become a deciding factor in the Dawgs favor. Some will say But, But what about Bama they lost to these same Vols ?? Well frankly I don’t care about Bama, and certainly don’t have any sympathy for them. But you can’t have 17 penalties And turn the ball over twice like they did and hope to beat a team like the Vols in Their loud and raucous stadium. I don’t know what happened with Bama that night but it Was Not characteristic of a Normal Nick Saban Bama team. Especially the lack of on field discipline. 17 penalties ??!!?? You just Know that Kirby has studied that film With his coaching staff until his eyes have bugged out to see Why those break downs occurred and take the necessary steps to insure our Dawgs don’t make the same. Conclusion: it’s gonna be a Very Hard fought game with a close score but our Dawgs will chalk their 9th win on the season. And the Vols will give a very nice boost to the Dawgs resume !! Go Dawgs !!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll tell you what I think, UGA66.

I think, this is exactly the Game Kirby Smart and the entire coaching staff have been planning for, since he hired Todd Monkin. They're ready to take their place.

Tennessee has a high powered, quick-strike offense that operates out of the no-huddle. Saban identified it as an extremely effective offense, over 10 yrs ago. I believe it was after a Johnny Menzel-led Texas A&M team beat em at the fast paced game of football. LOL

Other conferences have been applying this method for decades, as a neutralizer to the talent-laden defenses of various big-time programs, such as UGA, OSU, OKLA, Alabama, Notre Dame and ironically Tennessee.

News Flash....Kirby, Muschamp, Shumann, Monkin, McClendon and Bobo have been quietly planning the demise of UT since the CFPCG final buzzer. Actually, Kirby's been planning for it, since LSU made em look silly in the 2019 SECG. The team didn't have a name, then. Only, a form and Kirby knew what it was going to take, to win against a team like the VOLS.

I think he's got UGA right where he wants em. If it wasn't Tennessee running that style offense, it could be somebody else...and that's the team, the UGA coaching staff has been working so hard to beat, since the '19 LSU game.

I believe they have arrived with the emergence of the UGA Power running game and we'll get to see all the pieces working together again, for the 1st time since the Oregon Game. No more reason to play possum or train.

BTW...Like UT, Oregon is perfect other than the UGA game and has scored more than 41 points in every game,, since Sep 03. Take UGA out of the equation and Oregon would be a top 4 team averaging around 45 pts/game...much like UT.. LOL. We beat them by 46...how much damage do you think we'll do to TENN?

Let's play ball!!

Prediction: UGA 54---UT 27 (or less)

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Try that line on your GF or wife and see if she thinks it's a compliment or not. She's one of the "better" ones you've seen" out of 8 possibles. Especially when she's heads and shoulders better looking than all but perhaps one. LOL! You'll be sleeping on the couch.

One of the best he could have said, one of the better ones is not a great compliment. Just admit it.