Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart notes what he learned about 2019 LSU and what it means for 2022 Tennessee game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart notes what he learned about 2019 LSU and what it means for 2022 Tennessee game

If you’ve been on the internet at some point in the last month, you’ve probably seen someone compare the current iteration of the Tennessee Volunteers to the 2019 version of LSU.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Better get to Hooker. If he has time to throw dimes, we are toast

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Experience is the great equalizer and Georgia has played a lot of prolific offenses in the past. The Georgia staff will have the players ready and the discipline preached daily at UGA will win the day. Dawgs by at least 14! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do hope that Georgia is preparing to play UT... and not just generically trying-to-get-better. If we allow UT to play the game the way they want to play then THEY WILL WIN. We must be ready for how they play and take away their advantages.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no strategy or coaching advice. I have no great insights or wisdom to share. It matters not to me how you do it, but just win, Dawgs! Pretty please.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Jim Donnan said a few nights ago..."Kirby doesn't have all of these analysts for Georgia Tech."

Kirby has been scheming for this game for months. As a defensive mind, he's probly been drooling over the film.

I can guarantee you he watched the Pitt game. If people are gonna say that UGA didn't play good against Kent State or Mizzou, no one mentions how TN probly woulda lost to Pitt were it not for their QB getting injured and out in the 1st half.

Pitt was getting pressure on Hooker, and they didn't have near the bodies that we do. Pitt has a DLman who is 6', and another white guy (sorry, I don't know his number) that wouldn't even start for UGA.

And I think it's TN's RG...Jalen Carter is probly going to feast on him all day long.

I'm not saying UGA can't lose, but if the UGA team we know and love shows up, Tennessee will be wondering what happened.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thinking back to the LSU seccg, Burrow often had 7+ seconds to throw with the 7 db strategy, yikes. But I'll always recall how abysmal and mistake prone the UGA offense was...that was the real difference imho. I agree that Bennett needs to be let loose in the running game. And regardless of how we spin the stats, the Dawgs have shown they are nearly unbeatable when the running game cranks up. If we want to compare games...it seems the 2017 OU game maybe has a similar feel to this? I'm hoping the Dawgs don't get in a double digit hole like they did then...or like when Bama caught lightning in a bottle during the 2nd quarter of last year's seccg. UGA66, I sure hope you're right...I like your confidence!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

SBIV running to move the sticks and keep drives alive may be the difference. Gotta keep the TN O off the field as much as possible. Wear down the TN D.

'22 TN probably comparable to '19 LSU on offense. Burrow had a charmed year though. I don't think HH is as charmed (or as good) as Burrow. I don't remember much of that game. I do remember a 50/50 -60/40 ball between Tyson Campbell and Jamarr Chase. Campbell tried to intercept the ball, missed and Chase caught it. Charmed. CB 101 Rule #1: Knock the ball down!!! Still amazed at how many guys intercept on 4th down and lose 30 yards of field position.

I am wondering if UGA coaches are considering having Ringo shadow Cedric Tillman. This matchup favors UGA vs letting TN's fast WR's line up vs Ringo and Tillman outmuscle Lassiter or Green. Haven't seen UGA do that kind of stuff. Read and react pass defense will be a step behind.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say is Agree, Agree, and Agree !! Yes the Vols are indeed a Very Good team, I’ll give them their due. But this won’t be Neyland Stadium on a Sat. night. This will be Sanford Stadium on Dooley Field !! For the last two weeks or more our Dawgs have been told by media and the “experts” and most recently by some Anonymous Coach that they just ain’t as good as the Orange People. Talk about a chip on the shoulder, our Dawgs have a Boulder on their shoulder !! They are gonna be gnashing their Dawg teeth at the opportunity to Shut these folks bragging mouths !! And Yes I Believe Kirby and his Coaching Staff are superior to that of TN. And our players are to. Playing in Athens. In front of a Very Loud and Raucous Dawgs fan base. I Agree with you it’s gonna be a big battle but our Dawgs Win at home. They chalk a W and honor the late Mr. Trippi and Coach Dooley !! Go Dawgs !!