Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anonymous coaches rip Georgia football defense, wide receivers to ESPN

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I see this article got everyone mad. But, is it true? Ringo was 10 yards behind Alabama wide receiver when he intercepted that last pass - Brice Y throws a better pass and that game was in question. Starks was burned last week. Lassiter - Most offenses are targeting him. UT scorched Alabama's vaunted defense. The dawgs better get to Hooker early and often.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You make a great point when you say "we've got to get in Hooker's face all day long". That will be a determining factor in how effective the CB's can be. They're going to have to have their best game of the season and have help over the top from the Safeties. I think the quote in the article that says they're "below average" is ridiculous.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It doesn't matter what the naysayers told ESPN. It's all about letting the helmets do the talking. We have heard it before and we will hear it again. Heck, even Alabama is not immune from the "talk". There are commentators that say BAMA is "done". Well, I guess none of us will know until the season ends. At this point, everything is in front of us and our guys know what is at stake. Kirby and staff have been working on Tenn prep since the summer so none of this is surprising to them. I still say the dawgs by 14! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"......several anonymous coaches made their feelings known to ESPN’s Pete Thamel." No doubt these are coaches UGA has already put in the...L...column.

I got panned once for saying Kelee Ringo lacks a step or two on receivers.....but it is true. The reason may not be speed but position and lack of experience. This is in many ways a very young team.

Smart and Monden know the drill...keep after Hooker and throw dimes against poor TN outside defenders. Meanwhile putting the spurs to UGA RBs to do their thing.

I think UGA will do just fine.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pitt sacked Hooker several times and made him uncomfortable others. It was their lowest output all year(I believe). THat's the formula, cant just let him sit back and wind up. Even the best DB's can't cover guys 4,5,6 seconds. Make the ball come out fast and take your chances.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spot on for ringo, but the problem is, he plays slower in game, if that makes sense. Kind of opposite of Richard Lecounte, slow 40(I know the injuries didn't help), but would appear out of thin air flying for run support. Ringo, at times, seems like a 4.8-5.0 player, but can run a 4.4. So is it hustle or just no stamina? I don't understand it.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Georgia plays like the did against Missouri and Florida we will get beaten. If Georgia plays their game, we will win as we have against Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas and Alabama. Go dawgs!!!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

More bulletin board material, but you gotta love the "critics". They know so much, they're so smart because you know they have the experience and have played at this level and been there.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bet this anonymous coach would jump at the chance to be on UGA’s staff if given the opportunity.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

To our defense....note to self.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

Would not surprise me if one of the "anonymous" coaches was Lame Kissin. However, the strength of our schedule at this point does not indicate how "strong" we really are. We beat Oregon and beat them badly, the first game of the season. Meh. No one else that we have played actually has a stellar record. So, I can see why some are naysayers at this point. If we win out we will prove them wrong. Until now the Dawgs have been able to handle everyone they have faced. You can't ask them to do any more. Hopefully we will win out, one game at a time. Go DAWGS!

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

Is this anonymous coach still coaching? If so, what does his team defense looks like? Where are they ranked defensively? And if he is not coaching...he probably didn't have good teams and that is why he is giving his opinion.

• Options

I want to know if this anonymous coach ever had a top 10 defense. Please post the stats of this anonymous coach defense to compare against Georgia defenses.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well we shall see, we are a young team, but i think B Mac is going to fill the room with elite WR talent. that's what we have been always missing.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Anonymous Coaches"??? Who the hell is he? He can say anything he wants based in fantasy or lie and not be vetted or held accountable for it.

That is what this Country's media has become. Gossip mongers. LOL. Reporters use those kind of sources to make unsubstantiated accusations or to inject the reporter's personal opinion while keeping his/her clean hands clean and on the levers of "information control".

Why does the media bother prefacing an absurd quote with the words, "unnamed source close to the scene", "if true", "an anonymous source reports", etc.? Useless information with no bearing on events at hand.

Why is it "Anonymous" always has a controversial opinion that is only based loosely in fact and covered in horse manure.

I believe these little stories are designed to induce commentary. Mission accomplished. LOL

• Options

I have learned not to listen to sports analysis and sports writers because everything they say is subjective. I would not bet on anything they say. Hopefully, Georgia plays Georgia football to make them all eat crow.