Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Around the SEC: 3 keys for a Georgia and Tennessee wins, TV times and networks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageAround the SEC: 3 keys for a Georgia and Tennessee wins, TV times and networks

ATHENS — Tennessee has the momentum, Georgia has the big-game experience and home field advantage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Agreed. I would emphasize no turnovers and getting a disruptive pass rush on Hooker. We don't have to sack him, but we need to contain him and disrupt his rhythm. Their offense is predicated on the receivers making split decisions on their routes based on coverage at the line of scrimmage and what happens within 10 yards after the ball snaps. If we can't hang with their receivers then it's going to be a long afternoon. Our DBs have got to keep up with the receivers which will be a tall order.

On offense, we've got to have an effective running game and manage the clock. Long drives for TOUCHDOWNS is paramount. No FGs. I think Kirby will go to 4-downs anytime we are on the TN side of the 50 unless we have been holding their offense at bay.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

My two keys to a Dawgs victory:

1) stop the Vols’ running game without loading the box;

2) win the turnover battle.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heavens to Betsy! I certainly hope the Dawgs don't have 17 turnovers!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fantastic detailed breakdown of the receiver-driven Heupel offense....which was born a long time ago with Briles and Leach. Very interesting...

https://theathletic.com/3756306/2022/11/03/tennessee-vols-heupel-hooker-scheme-georgia/

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While Tenn seems unstoppable, I am encouraged by how well Georgia handled the Vols last year when they were supposed to beat the Georgia D with their air assault. MG pointed out how the dawgs did and it wasn't pretty for the Volunteers. While, we may not have all the same players this year that made such an impact in the last game, I think we have enough to get the job done. We are definitely going to have to get a pass rush going to get Hooker off his game. If the dawgs can spend time in the Tenn backfield, that should make the difference, because I know our offense can beat the Tenn D. But again, our D needs to be more agressive than Bama's D was in their game with Tenn. It will be a good one, dawgs by at least 14! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

@MikeGriffith is “killin it” on the Finebaum show right now! He has absolutely made the case for UGA superiority, and is backing it up with all of the numbers, stats, and historical data that Vol Finebaum never intended to be cited on his show. Seems like everyone with a microphone is ready to hand this game over to Tennessee without even playing it. @MikeGriffith stood his ground and really made everyone else sound like contestants for amateur hour!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This game is really high profile and freighted with emotion...maybe UGA should look at sacking Hooker a couple of times to get his attention. Serious;y. Containing Hooker the whole game is not going to work...IMO. He is quick and mobile. Fires well on the run. If he is 3rd down and long...go after him in the pocket, not just to distress his efforts but to bring him down. I am sure UGA will do this...they do not need me armchair quarterbacking. Hooker is the key to the TN offense....wow what a revelation, huh? Watch past games.

TN will focus on Bowers and some on the Big 0. Free up fireball Arian Smith and AD Mitchell. The TN pass defense is less than stellar. Their run defense is good, however. Use guys TN is not used to seeing as receivers. I can also see the OL opening portals for Kenny Mac and I hope Kendall Milton. I gotta believe K Milton is yet to shine. He is a Chubb type. Straight line power.

I do agree on turnovers. TN has a lock on turnovers.....this should be a UGA priority. Could, hopefully, spell defeat for the Vols. TN has not improved at all in this area.

I am tired of forecasting.....play ball! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Committing 17 turnovers in one game as Alabama did?

huh? Proofread before you post!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with your As Usual wise insight !! You’ve got Me fired up !! Only thing I’d add is Also use Branson Robinson just Be Sure to in particular caution him as he is after all a True Freshman in a Big Game to be very sure to Protect that football !! Also as Kendall is coming off an injury even though he’s a seasoned player he’s probably some rusty after being out so long I’d respectfully remind him to Protect that football !! Our O Line needs to manhandle the Vols and Blast some holes open for our RBs !! And in my Dawg bones I just have a feeling our RBs are drooling at the opportunity to show what they can Really do as a Group !! I don’t think the Orange Folks have faced a rush attack like their about to face !! The Run could very well set up the pass More Often this Sat. than we’ve seen in previous games. Stetson needs to make more Designed runs in this game to, and when he does throw it’s Imperative that he be accurate and on time delivering the ball !! I hope our Dawgs send these folks back to Knoxville crying big ole orange teardrops !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To all you Awesome Dawgs fans that Will be at the game. I Plead with You to Yell and Scream your vocal cords out Every Single Time the Vols go on Offense as they are getting ready to snap the ball !! But when the Dawgs go on Offense make it quite as crickets in there !! Please let the Orange people Hear just how Loud and Proud the Greatest Fanbase in College Football which is None Other than the Georgia Bulldogs Fanbase can get as our beloved Dawgs whup up on them Vols between the hedges !! Thank You Mr. Ainge all you did was fire up Dawg Nation !! You’ll be Mr. Aingeixety after our beloved Dawgs are done with your Orange sherbet that Orange will just melt away !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sick with nervousness. I live in Knoxville, so I will have to hear it for a year. GO DAWGS!!!!!

LSU not expecting to challenge Ala, just goes to show that they were put in the position in the rankings just to inflate UT and Ala's schedule.