Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football AP Poll top 25 rankings Week 11

SystemSystem Posts: 10,457 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football AP Poll top 25 rankings Week 11

The AP Poll had the Georgia Bulldogs as the No. 1 team entering last week. The poll was validated on Saturday when Georgia easily took down No. 2 Tennessee, 27-13.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep your eye on the prize Dawgs !! Eye on the prize !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK, UCLA ranked higher than ALA, LMAO.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sec Shorts comes to mind there’s always that one mid western reporter. UGA left no doubt it’s the best team and should be a unanimous number 1. Hunker down and continue to play to the standard. The media totally forgot to factor in the Home crowd and just how lucky Tennessee had been UGA reminded them what a true Champ looks like.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One of my favorite modern philosophers/theologians has actually defined unanimous as every vote except for one. In Girard’s terms, we’re unanimously number 1!!

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Every vote save one" is the actual quote I think.

Anyways, Dawgs on top baby! The best coaching job by kirby this year by far!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Hmmm...is it not frickin fantastic to have BOTH Clemson and Bama pretty much out of the playoff discussion???

God is good. Monken is very good.

Ohio State looked flawed again playing 1-7 Northwestern....even though the game was played in the midst of a bodacious windstorm. Stroud had the worst game of his career and was 10/26 for 76 yards. Northwestern brought pressure and lots of it, and Stroud does not handle pressure well. Northwestern also had over 200 yards of rushing. I'd say Michigan is a more complete team at this point and would put them ahead of Ohio State.

We've got to take care of business the rest of the month. No looking forward more than the next opponent. Guys have got to stay focused.

But, I say bring on the LSU Tigers for the Championship!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miss. State is 6-3 overall and 3-3 SEC. Losses to LSU, KY and Bama. Squeaky overtime win versus a weak Auburn team. Miss. State is up and down. UGA should dispatch them. MS lacking on offense and defense in the bigger games. Bama routed them 30-6 and LSU won 31-16. KY won by 10.

Dawgs gotta stay focused and upbeat.....after the TN mismatch. Then the SEC East is theirs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“God is good. Monken is very good!”

Montana, Perfect punctuation for emphasis and the best line I’ve seen in a long time!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm loving the philosophical approach about "every vote save one." Truly, I am.

But I gotta admit it still annoys that some B10 homer had to put in a vote for Ohio State. Were the table's turned (e.g. if Ohio State were obviously better than UGA), I would hope that no self-respecting SEC writer would do the reverse.

I know it doesn't matter.

But the funniest thing about that single vote is that Michigan has looked a lot better than OSU -- not just Saturday, but also if you compare their respective games against Penn State.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now that the CFP Poll is out, why do the other polls matter? They don't crown a champion, right?