Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following statement win over Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following statement win over Tennessee

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nyland Green, while impressive that he made it to the ball, absolutely did NOT knock the ball out of bounds. That ball was already out at the one when Green touched it. The still shot above even shows it. I take nothing away from Green but stop taking away from Thorson. He kicked it perfectly and pinned tennessee at the one all by himself.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

"The aforementioned coach said that Tennessee might score 50, the Georgia front seven was average and the back end of the defense was below average."

I'm so glad @Kconnorriley brought this up in his article, and I'm especially glad that Zion Logue mentioned it immediately after the beat down was completed and he was walking victoriously off the field. It should be referenced at every opportunity this week, because ESPN and Pete Thamel are likely to just move on to another story as if there's nothing to address. I will stand corrected if they (ESPN) or he (Pete Thamel) does decide to make a statement about how irresponsible it was to write such nonsense, and allow the source to remain anonymous (but I doubt it will happen).

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BTW, speaking of Alabama and Jermaine Burton, I had a chance to review his stats for the season. He's got lower numbers than Ladd for the season and lower than his own at UGA the past two seasons (albeit with time to go to complete the season).

I mention this less for criticizing Jermaine's judgment than for affirming that CKS is a coach that we can trust on his decision-making, day-in and day-out. Same for his and Monken's trust of SBIV (some of you may recall I'm also a big JTD fan, and his results at WVU YTD have been, unfortunately, disappointing).

Lets hope all this great decision making by UGA leadership continues all the way to the CFP!!!

Have a great week

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saying "I was wrong" really isn't an apology. Maybe he should have said " I apologize to the Dawgnation for my comments, I was wrong."

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He had the hobnail boots around the neck and took the loud Pat McAfee yelling "Good Ole Rocky Top" in stride. He stood strong in adversity just like the team.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

A big ole thanks to Pete Thamel & ESPN for reaffirming their irrelevants when it come to college football....especially when it comes to Georgia. Hey Pete, let us all know how great TOS was fighting off a little bad weather and a one win BIG 10 cupcake.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great comments Kuduz.....I'd also throw in Mr Cox & other from 2021......a note to all potential future transfer portal thinkers......THE GRASS AIN"T ALWAYS GREENER....BUT, hard work and dedication always pay off!

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It appeared to me that Thoreson's punt went OB on it's own. Didn't look like Green touched the ball at all and pretty surely not while it was in bounds. It was all Thoreson, IMO.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the ball hadn't of gone out of bounds on it's own,if it did, Nyland would have knocked it out. What does it matter? It was so close I would have to look at slow motion replay to determine if it did.

• Options
    focodawgfanfocodawgfan Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Thoreson's punt most definitely went out of bounds on its own and was best punt I think I've ever seen.

But credit to Nyland Green for getting down to cover the put if it hadn't. He was there to make a play, if needed, to keep it out of the end zone

The Dawgs and the fans showed up big time on Saturday and showed the nation what Georgia Football is all about.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kelee played an outstanding game, and even his "mistakes" holding and PI seemed to be ticky tack calls by refs. But, what about the other side. i haven't heard anything about Kamari Lassiter either from media or during the game. I saw him on screen one time. His game must have been so spectacular that his side was never targeted. The few times their receivers got behind us it was against the safeties.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn't matter either way. What matters is a back up player embracing his role and busting his axx to run that 75 yard punt down. That attitude permeates the team thanks to the coaching, culture and leadership on the UGA sideline. EVERY role on the team is important and can affect the outcome of the game.

The strength of the UGA program is in its unity, embracing their respective roles and executing a team first plan. All of that differentiates UGA from other CFB programs.