Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mark Richt to Florida State coach Mike Norvell: ‘Will you do me a favor and kick the Gators’ a**?’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageMark Richt to Florida State coach Mike Norvell: ‘Will you do me a favor and kick the Gators’ a**?’

It would appear there are no days off for the Georgia-Florida rivalry for Mark Richt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Despite all those "tropical influences" on his resume, Coach Mark Richt will forever be a DGD!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

ANYTIME Florida can get a loss, is a good day.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Richt resurrected our program out of the doldrums of the ‘90’s to new heights and expectations which have been expounded upon by Coach Kirby and his staff!

He started the turn around of our record against UTjr and Auburn, for example….got us two SEC championships after 20 years , put us in the national title discussion and would have been in the CFP at least twice but for the old BCS format……

but his only real lack of success came against floriduh. 5-11 in six years.

So, frankly, I’m happy that he was able to release a little bit of anger and hate for those slimy gators!

“Yeah, kick their a$$, Coach Norvell”!!

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Out of character for Coach Richt

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Love Mark Richt and hope and pray that things are going the best possible for him in his battle with Parkinson’s disease. He is and always will be a DGD !! And I fully agree with him, it’s always a Great Day when the mud lizards lose !!

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Richt coached in 16 games against Florida as Georgia’s head coach, going 5-11"

"He was the head coach at Georgia from 2000 through the end of the 2016 season"

Terribly inaccurate facts put out by Connor. Richt coached Georgia for 15 years, 2001-2015. He went 5-10 against the Gators. The 2000 Florida loss was on Jim Donnan's last season with the team. The 2016 loss was Kirby's first. Not trying to to nitpick but this is common knowledge that any beat writer should know.

• Options
    FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    GhostofMunsonGhostofMunson Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know nobody is perfect, but the attention to detail on some articles is sometimes laughably bad.