Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia stock report: Glenn Schumann step ahead of guru Mike Leach on play calls

SystemSystem Posts: 10,992 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Glenn Schumann step ahead of guru Mike Leach on play calls

ATHENS — Kirby Smart doesn’t go out of his way to praise assistant coaches too often with excellence expected from some of the highest-paid football staffers in the nation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Great article, Mike!

love these stock reports!

Go Dawgs!

• gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Re Thorson's punt: when it was most important, against TN, he really delivered. Hopefully he got the other option out of his system in the game against Miss State.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thorson has indeed been kinda off and on. Granted, he hasn't had a ton of attempts but some of his kicks have been awesome while others have not been. It was certainly Smart's fault that they had to kick, but it it was far from ideal.

• MoeDawg7MoeDawg7 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

In Thorson's defense, he was kicking into a 20 mph head wind.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ahyone know if Bullard is OK?

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The dawgs showed out again this weekend! Amazing performances by McConkey, Washington, Jackson, and Bowers! D held up very well against the air raid - Schu and crew were ahead of Leach all night long! Proud of the dawgs!!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

So glad to see LSU as our opponent in the SEC Champion game! The dawgs should kick the Bengals out of Atlanta! Welcome to the SEC Championship Game Brian Kelly! I'm sure our dawgs will give your team a rude awakening! GO DAWGS!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Run game was virtually smothered.....yes. Milton took a quick end-of-game trip to the house but they did not even attempt to tackle him...see the footage. I went ...what? However, this was not an Aviance night for RBU. However, Schumann did out coach "guru" Leach..I will agree....but Leach followed Mizzou's playbook and it worked pretty well for a while. However, at no time was UGA in jeopary of losing the game. Let me be clear on that. UGA, as I have said before, needs to tighten up...they play too loose. Now, against TN, they played a tighter game....things clicked.

Jalen... Jalen...what a supreme performance..this baller does not coast...he makes things happen. Will be #1 overall NFL pick...IMO. Amazing player. Opposing players fear this guy. He has a swagger that means business.

LSU will play a lot like MS. Stifle the run game to make UGA one dimensional. The UGA OL is still suspect. They were performing great then MS had a plan. Fortunately, UGA has deep talent and players are versatile and well coached. They simply overcame any seeming obstacles MS threw at them. Remember, hyped "guru" Leach already had three losses, now four!

• johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

The inability to stuff it into the end zone with running plays has not been limited to just this year.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU's strength on offense is their QB can takeoff with the ball and he's a better runner than AR-15. Not harder to tackle just more illusive. Everything they do offensively revolves around his running. Every team that plays against him says the same thing," he's faster than he looks on film."

Stop his running and I don't think he sits back there and passes you consistently down the field. He can pass but IMO he's not a better passer at this stage in his career than the guy at Miss St. or a H. Hooker or a B.Young.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with everyone about Thorson. He doesn't have to be great every time, but I do expect him to be consistently good. He's just been too inconsistent this season. Hope he finds his "groove" over the next few weeks. Can't really argue too much with these grades, except I don't know if the stats accurately reflect Tykee Smith's work. He makes tackles for sure, but in my opinion, he seems to be out of position or trailing the play a lot more than his fellow secondary mates. So I'm hoping that Kirby's assessment about fully expecting Javon Bullard to play against Kentucky is correct. Go Dawgs!