Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star CB Daniel Harris has backed off his commitment from Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star CB Daniel Harris has backed off his commitment from Georgia

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star CB Daniel Harris. He ranks as the nation’s No. 18 CB and the No. 154 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WestAshleyDawgWestAshleyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

It sounds like he was afraid of being buried on the depth chart. Oh well. Maybe he can start somewhere like Vandy, if that's his deal.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Penn St is rumored to be involved here.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

After the bumper crop of elite recruits at the Tennessee game got to watch our defense in rare form, I’m not too worried about being able to get the players we want. Our coaching staff should have the best recruiting pitch out there for DBs.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

See ya kid. We can do better.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is why I do not get to charged up about recruits committing to Georgia. Some of these young guys get so confused in the process every time they visit a different school or a different recruiter sells them on their school. Now you have the NIL deal influencing these kids. Until they sign, I don't give them much thought. He'll land some where and do just fine. Kirby and Muschamp have the stable full of DB's so that scholarship may be better served to a need elsewhere.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This may be off topic a little but what about Brenton Cox? I'm not sure why Napier booted him at Florida but he seems to wear his welcome out wherever he goes. I think he was a good player for Florida but the Gators were not much better with him.

Then Jermaine Burton. I don't know how many of you have watched much of Alabama but I don't think he has made much of an impact at all. Burton has skills but something ain't right there. Either Bryce don't know where to throw the ball or Burton is not executing the pattern correcting or not reading the defensive alignment correctly. That hook up has been horrible.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Numerous '23 recruits showed up for the UGA/TN game. UGA had 21 commits. I know that this cycle is not limited to 25 recruits. But I didn't see much room for all the players UGA seems ready to commit w/o some attrition in the class. M'Pemba, Big Baby, Cobb, the OU WR, the Lou WR, Smith/Qussaw, the 5*TE from Vegas.... that's eight and that's just off the top of my head.

There are more who are interested in UGA. And more attrition? Hugeley has been rumored. And 7Cloud. . It will be interesting who UGA gets and who UGA flips. The long awaited recruiting bump may finally be about to be realized.

UGA has had offensive recruiting difficulties over the last 2 cycles. Especially at OL, WR and QB. How many more offensive players will they sign and what will the total number be?

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes to him, hopefully he stays away from UF.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not going to fret this - others will relish the opportunity to play on the best football team in college football where they can be coached up by the best group of coaches in the game. You are making a mistake young man, for Kirby and company prepare recruits so they can become high draft picks as was seen in last year's draft. Some want to play right away, while others seek to do what is best in the long term. A big pay day is best garnered by learning the trade from not only coaches, but from upper classmen who've absorbed the minutiae involved in becoming highly skilled at each position. Iron sharpens iron, and all metal isn't high quality. Kirby and company seeks the best. GO DAWGS. REPEAT!!!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Caleb…… oh caaaaaleb. Time to commit son.

paging a mr. Downs…..mr. Caleb Downs.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure what to make of it. Maybe he's just a cold weather person? Probably more inline with what UGADAD20 said. Maybe means good things for UGA in that someone(s) higher up the echalon is/are going to be making their way to Athens at CB. Have to wait and see.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve wondered the same thing about the communication between QB and receivers. I would have to fault the receivers given how solid Young has been and continues to be - the best QB in football. Over the past 3 games especially there have been so many passes that seem to fall into empty space and Burton, while a very good receiver, isn’t on the same level as the PIckens or other elite receivers that have played.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

It all has to do with maturity....the expectation to rise to the highest standard in college football is a daunting challenge. I don't care how many stars you have in HS, if you don't have a mature outlook, you will not make it at UGA. I wish this young man well and hope he finds the right environment for him.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck young man. But you'll be hard pressed to find any place better than UGA, and Athens..GoDAWGS!