Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defense, run game come up big in 16-6 win at Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defense, run game come up big in 16-6 win at Kentucky

It wasn’t pretty, but it didn’t have to be.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No comment....simply none. Cold and tough. Hopefully they beat Tech by a wider margin next week.

Las Vegas betters are scratching their heads at this "win."

Kirby will likely give his normal coach speak presser.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Suggestion: do not run straight up the middle on third and one or fourth and a half yard. Once - okay. Twice - absurd. Three times - incomprehensible.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This was a poorly coached game on one side of the ball and that decision to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG to go up 19-0, which is three scores for you non-good at math types, was the most ridiculously st!up!d decision I’ve seen Coach Smart make since he called a fake punt with Justin Fields against Alabama 3 years ago.

Other than that? Hard fought W with no obvious injuries to any starters that I saw while watching.

Oh, last thing: let’s eliminate the “Heisman” talk or hype or whatever about SB, mmmmkay? Only thing that should be on his mind is leading his team to an SEC title and another Natty, THAT would be legendary. But he hasn’t played well enough this season to even get an invite to NY, so please give it a rest. It is a tired and insulting argument.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

May get killed for these comments but could we not have put the game away with a sure field goal.. That would have have put the icing on what was a rather lackluster performance. The mail/milk man looked like he was delivering empty jugs. I think from the coaches on down we need to analyze our effort. O-line looked great at 1st and 10 and when 3rd and 1 we looked anemic. deep pass coverage was weak to say the least. A win is a win and cold and wind are factors but we looked second rate against a second rate team. Hope we pick up the tempo from here on out

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

This might put an end to Stetson's Heisman talk. It was cold and windy for both quarterbacks, but the one who throw with pace on his passes had the better results. We're lucky we were playing with the lead.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you can’t covert a 4th and 1 on the goal line for a TD and a 3rd and 1 to get a 1st down, I wouldn’t say the run game came up big. It had its moments but did not come up big. And, once again, Kirby messes up with clock management at the end of the 1st half.

But I’d rather win **** than lose pretty any day. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

We just never know which Bennett we are going to get game to game. This Bennett needs to improve. He always leaves points on the field. He does not have to be great or good just decent and this team can win. I am scared to think if we had to throw to win what will happen.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good game defense. But why does Kentucky always give us issues. Almost reminded me of the 2012, 2019 and 2020 games. For some reason, almost every year, we can't seem to put this team away early. As always, GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope this performance doesn’t mean that we have peaked. Was a real stinker of a win.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s another nice big W !! When it’s all said and done very few people are gonna go back and discuss the score as the Dawgs continue into post season play. What Really matters is our Dawgs Won……..Again !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

It's a W. But can't play like that against a playoff team or risk elimination. Agree with CKS going for it on 4th and 1(?) . If you don't believe you can make 1 yard on 4th down, against anybody, then you may not be the #1 team.

You can cover a **** in powdered sugar but that still don't make it a jelly donut.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t think you’ll find Any Dawgs fans here or any where else that will say that was a dominant win. BUT the Fact remains Kirby & Co. have won 25 of the last 26 played. Among those were some Great Dominant Wins, Some **** Stinker Wins, and Some So-So Wins, but they All equal Wins. Regardless of how they Look. And National Titles are based on Wins, not how they look. That is as factual as your doughnut analogy. Go Dawgs !!