Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Kentucky instant observations following win that leaves many cold

2»

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to say the ridiculous play calls when inside the 10-yard line, with 2 phenomenal TEs at your disposal continues to amaze me. All those failures do is fire an opponent up and give the impression they remain in the game. While there should be complaints about the offensive game plans, as long as Bennett continues to make very bad decisions, the game plan won’t matter if he doesn’t execute it to its fullest. There are so many check-down opportunities and he still continues to throw passes that are poor throws and often end up in an interception or close to one. Not sure he can change at this stage so we have to ride the defense when championship time starts and that is a risky plan.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, you all beat me to it. If there's ever a day to be unhappy with a win, this is that day. My God. This game could have been over in the first five minutes, I think, if Ringo doesn't get completely lost on that 3rd and long. That somehow became a trend with the secondary, just getting lost on deep balls. No pash rush from the front four, only with the blitz. And then, oh wow, the short-yardage situation. Jalen Carter is a LEGIT first-rounder DT, but he's **** wind as an offensive lead blocker. He whiffed both times today, as well as whiffing on the goal line against Mississippi State. Maybe we should rethink that call. I know Kirby said after the game he was proud of the team and I know he'll say how "tough it is to win in the SEC," but as others have said on here, SEC teams with far inferior talent than the Dawgs have won easily against Kentucky. Something is rotten in Denmark and we better get it fixed if we want to repeat as National Champions. go dawgs (intentionally lowercase because of today's result).

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Score wise ( Who Really Should Care ??) no it wasn’t a great outing for our Dawgs. But it was a Win, and That is what matters or should. Is anyone naive enough to think that KY would just roll over and die in their own stadium because they were terrified of our Dawgs ?? No on the contrary they were/are a desperate team with Nothing to lose and Pride/Respect to gain if they could knock off the Dawgs in their own house !! So they were gonna lay it ALL on the line and any Dawgs fan should have expected that. Our Dawgs got the win and really that’s All that matters. Other top 5 teams struggled mightily today, a couple worse than the Dawgs. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok I don't normally do this, but to whoever voted my comment down, I ask again - who should be #1 based on this week's performances?

I'm not defending Georgia's play today. It wasn't good. I'm asking who separated themselves as a clear #1 team over Georgia. Go ahead and name someone.

• Options

I Love ( very Sarcastic type Love) how “Some” Dawgs fans seem to want to see the Dawgs lose so They can chest thump and say “See, See I was Right” !! Frankly it’s rather Sickening. All Last season and so far all This season I’ve seen “Dawgs Fans” come on here and go “OK THIS is the game we lose !! Only to see the Dawgs post yet another Nice, Big, Fat W !! If your lack of faith in Kirby and Yeah Stetson Bennett is So Bad by all means why don’t you lobby the powers at UGA to have both fired ?? I don’t mind some objectivity and constructive criticism, I get it. But I swear it’s Really hard to tell that Some of you really are Dawgs fans !! ALL good things Have to come to an end it’s called LIFE !! I sure hate to see Some of You folks reaction when the Dawgs reach a down side !! Bama lived on the mountain a long, long time. And as a result their fans became Very arrogant !! Expecting The Tide to just blow out every team they played in every game they played. Well they Might we’ll be on a down side now. Next season should Really tell the story on them. Moral of the story ?? Instead of nit picking the crap out of every single game y’all Might want to Enjoy the ride !! Because sooner or later it Really Will come to an end !! I can easily Remember the day where we were Happy with wins over KY and even Vandy and beating UF was so obscure that we were starting to wonder is it even possible ?? Please Don’t become liken to Bama fans !! Savor each Win like a hungry Bulldog would a fine steak !! And Some of you Please get a step ladder and climb down off KS and Stets and Monken’s backs !! That would be Great !! Go Dawgs !! Now wear out your fingers punching the down vote button Lol !!! 😀

• Options

I don’t know who down voted you but my answer is No other team. Dawgs should Remain at #1. Ohio St. struggled mightily vs. Maryland, TCU and Michigan squeezed out by the hair of their teeth. Though No it wasn’t a pretty performance by UGA the Dawgs lead from the start and the game was never in Real jeopardy. Some “Dawgs Fans” seem so Disappointed they win because it robbed them of a opportunity to show their Recliner Chair Coaching prowess and say they were right !! Sad.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Time to take JCarter off the short yardage offense. He isn't getting it done. Would be better with a reserve OL or DWash as lead blocker.

JCarter missing his block or not blocking anyone may be a main reason for short yardage failures.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw a very poor game by our receivers. Of course, Bennett will get the blame, but the o-line gave him loads of time but the receivers did not get separation. The receptions were contested. Thank the Lord we are a multidimensional offense and could turn to our run game with the passing game being off.

I sure hope Dawgdom doesn’t turn into Bama fans and lambast the coaches and players because a win isn’t as pretty as the want. The bottom line is the Dawgs got a double digit win on the road in the SEC. There is not another team in the nation that deserves to be number one more than our Dawgs!

• Options

Lol I got down voted to because I BELIEVE the Dawgs Are and Should Be the #1 team in CFB until Beat by another team. So Troll who do YOU think should be #1 OVER the Dawgs without having Played them and/or beaten them ?? Or you gonna Hide behind your down vote button Lol ?? 😃

• Options

“Some” seem to be Already molding themselves liken to Bama fans. Full of arrogance and full of something else I won’t say here. It’s very Sad to see that. But I guess it’s bound to happen with some. But they’ve been Wrong on Kirby for what 25 games of the last 26 games so I’ll take that !! 😀

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Navy, You are correct! I can’t help but believe that the same fans that are so quick to get down on Kirby and the players for a less than perfect game while having their second straight undefeated regular season, are the same ones that were perfectly okay with CMR 10 and 2 or 9 and 3 seasons and celebrated Belk Bowl championships.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@navydawg

Shipmate, why are you so bent out of shape?

Calm down and take a breath. You are posting like you are being attacked and it’s just ridiculous.

Other Dawg fans are entitled to their opinions no matter how much they are different than yours.

Go on out to the smoke deck and light up a few and take a load off before you give yourself a heart attack.

The “freaking out lamp” is out, Dawgs got the **** win, and up next is the bugs at home.

There aren’t any Bama fans here and stop all the name-calling and accusations just because someone posts something you don’t like. Kirby Smart isn’t GOD and is not above criticism. You aren’t his keeper or his Dad, so give it a rest.

• Options

And your not my Daddy either pal. So you can step off the stage talking Down to me. I just get Sick to death of all the Debbie Downers here. Instead of Celebrating each WIN not loss but WIN it’s all the picking on our Coaches and Players. Well if their THAT upset why don’t they lobby UGA to have Kirby fired ?? And YES the Arrogance of SOME reminds me of Bama fans. Shoe fits wear it. You tell ME to calm down and then YOU launch into a tirade against Me. And as a Hypocrite You go on the Attack on Me. So apparently I hit a sensitive nerve with you. I’m Extremely Sure I couldn’t Coach Pee Wee League football without making an absolute mess out of it, so I figure I’m in Great company right here with all the Recliner Chair Coaches that Kirby has forgot more than they will Ever know. Lastly when You put into Practice what you Preach I might take you much more seriously. So until then to me your haze grey and underway shipmate.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

He does that a lot. Did it a lot last year too. He comes here to vent I suppose. Plenty of worse ways to unload personal frustrations though. Hopefully it works for him because he is very passionate and intense.

I used to be that way somewhat, before I finally grew up and started a family, etc, then it wasn't as life and death important as priorities changed. Priority change should change perspective. My problem was that I did not do that until my mid 30's! Should have done it mid 20's.

That being all said. Just win baby! And that we did. SC 56 TN 31 with 9:26 to go in 4th and UF lost to Vandy today, for some perspective. Other Top 4 barely won. Like I heard post game, UGA won by a blowout compared to the other top teams today.

• Options

I readily admit I’m Very passionate about the Dawgs. Very. Lord willing I’ll be 66 years old my next B-Day. Been married going on 39 years. Got 4 grandsons. Like Allot of folks I’ve seen good times, bad times, in between times. You said I come here and do this Allot. I didn’t realize I had got that out of hand and with all sincerity will take your advice seriously. You offered yours in a much more compassionate and sincere way. Where if you will read this other person tells Me I need to calm down THEN proceeds to launch into a tirade of his own !! Accuses Me of attacking people THEN He starts attacking Me. So I figure I have a right to defend myself. I come here mainly to Celebrate WINS with fellow Dawgs Fans. Kirby has won 25 of the last 26 played. Among those Wins, some have been Great Dominating Wins, some have been Sqeaky Stinky Wins, some have been So-So decent Wins. But the Common Denominator has been in the Official Record Books they are ALL Wins !! Now contrary as it may Seem to that other person that posted to me I’m actually quite tolerant of typical objectivity and constructive criticism. But when people start Bashing our Coaches and Players, YES I’m gonna call them out on it if I see it. YES they have a right to Bash. But I have a right to call them out on it to !! I’m Extremely Sure that I couldn’t Coach a Pee Wee League Team without making a monumental mess out of it Lol !! So I figure I’m in good company with most of the Recliner Chair Coaches on here Lol !! Especially when they think that Their experience and expertise of the game is anywhere even vaguely close to that of Kirby Smart. So I’ll close by saying I don’t mean to be a nuisance to Anybody !! And I fully apologize if that’s what my comments represent. But I’m just so weary of all the Debbie Downers on here that say they are Dawgs Fans but seem to almost be hoping Kirby will lose so THEY can be right !! That’s just sick and sad !! They really Need to read Your last paragraph where you said Just Win !! I Totally Agree with that sentiment !! Hope you and family have a great rest of season and post season !! Happy Thanksgiving !! Go Dawgs !!