Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: Georgia football perfect where it matters most, but Bulldogs have their warts

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
image3 things: Georgia football perfect where it matters most, but Bulldogs have their warts

ATHENS — Georgia football has been perfect in the only place that matters, specifically, the won-loss column.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Might want to throw in poor pass defense. Looked like we were in a prevent defense on several occasions. I understand the wind element but flat passes and quickies to TE's should have worked. Every pass can not be a TD.. Hope this NIL stuff isn't going to SB4 head.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Smart seemed a bit defensive about the short yardage problems. I'm no expert, but it looks like Jalen Carter's huge talent base doesn't include short yardage blocking.

Four or five yards here and there and the Dawgs would have been at the point spread.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that intercepted pass may have been one of the worst decisions Bennett has made in awhile. He had an easy open short range pass and instead passed it to the receiver who was pretty much assuming he wouldn't do something so foolish.

I'll comment more when the "winners and losers" gets posted, but I was very disappointed in the play calling. I believe that a more aggressive playbook (like against more difficult opponents) would've had a much better score.

But, given the fact that just about EVERY Top 25 team had a crappy performance showed a lot of overconfidence.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Loved almost every minute of that. Never like to see a player injured that significantly. That's definitely an acl or something else major. But loved watching them run up the score like heupel did against Missouri. Instant karma.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

the KING of negativity, nobody does it like you........a win is a win is a win, they all count the same.

Dawgs are just the 3rd SEC team since '92 to post consecutive 8-0 league marks, Alabama ('08-'09) and Florida ('95-'96) are the other two. It's a tough neighborhood out there, quite an accomplishment by the Dawgs.

Oh well, JT is no longer starting, so I guess you really can't go there.

Keep up the good work, it's appreciated.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Re: short yardage: poor/unimaginative play-calling. With 9 guys in the box, straight ahead is a tall order against a good defense. The toss sweep to Kenny worked all night. Maybe try that at the goal line, especially when you have WRs who are willing to block.

Rat poison: 5 INTs in 4 games is bad and a sign that SBIV is trying to do too much (almost always with McConkey). TAKE THE CHECK DOWN - let Big 0 do some damage. Not sure if this applies to Daijun Edwards, but he's dancing too much in the hole.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Every team is beatable if their QB doesn't play well, not just Stetson.

On another note, no team wants to turn the ball over but clearly we see the dreaded negative turnover margin is not the death knell to winning we've all been told. Just win and let content creators inundate us with statistics.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Going up against the worst pass defense in the country (or thereabout) might have had something to do with Rattler's transformation. Georgia, playing the way they did against SC, still probably beats the team that showed up against Tennessee by 2 scores. I know I'm wading into off-topic territory here, but Tennessee was a heavy favorite with their season on the line, and completely caved, and I for one am glad we're not going to have to hear any more about them. Their best team in decades went nowhere. Just some good perspective, I think, on a day like today.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby likes the trenches...sawing wood..etc. Stetson was out of his element with the wind, so to the trenches they went. It worked pretty well, but those red zone clinches were lost running up the gut. Kenny Mac made it through once. UGA must improve or suffer a possible worse fate in future contests. Nonetheless, UGA won the game anyway. Pod split the uprights beautifully. KY was out to win that one....but the game was really never in doubt. UGA proved its mettle mano a mano. Stoops even admitted....UGA most physical team he had met.

On to Tech...whose defense surprised #17 North Carolina with a solid win. Tech is "hot" right now. UGA cannot take them lightly.