Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee’s Josh Heupel compares Georgia to LSU, could come down to quarterbacks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageTennessee’s Josh Heupel compares Georgia to LSU, could come down to quarterbacks

ATHENS — Tennesee coach Josh Heupel said he sees some key similarities in Georgia and LSU, to the extent the SEC title game could come down to a battle of quarterbacks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will everyone put in the work to beat Tech. Last week was Not Good. I think LSU feels great about their chances. OLine needs to scheme more. Three runs in the middle - come on.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be interesting to see how much the Georgia offense improves this coming Saturday after a dismal showing in last week's poor weather game against Kentucky. I look forward to a big game with Stetson reconnecting with some of his biggest targets and the running game remaining consistent. The defense will not allow Tech much and the game will be over before half. Hopefully, we will get some of our guys that don't play much to get much needed reps as we prepare for the SEC Championship game on Dec. 3. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see us whipping the nerds, and we need some revenge for that 2019 seccg. Motivation should be high and weather perfect for some slobber knocking

• Options
    lmattoxlmattox Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

It's saying there will be a 60% of rain Saturday so I'm hoping it won't be a sloppy game.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No LSU does not feel good about their chances. Ga's defense is leaps and bounds better than LSU's. Statistically speaking considering SEC Totals only: LSU 200 Points scored vs 169 points allowed -Plus 31 points. Georgia Points scored 301 vs points allowed 97-Difference of 204 points. Where is that even close to similar? Georgia wins 34 to 17 on December 3rd.

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That means the grass should be nice and high to slow down the GT running attack!! 🤣

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope we beat them Bad and Fast with No injuries !! Go Dawgs beat the Bugs !!!

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't almost all football games center around who has the better QB?

Come on Mike...must be a slow week

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's no doubt that after GA Tech, all remaining games will rely HEAVILY on how Bennett plays. That, combined with how aggressive our play-calling is (which is generally quite good in big games and too conservative in not-big-games) will absolutely determine the outcome. When Bennett looks fantastic, we look fantastic. When he overthrows, we have issues.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am sure UGA/CKS is focusing on GT. Plenty of execution things from KY game to work on this week. The big thing this week is put GT away early and clear the bench.

Another fresh take and food for thought regarding LSU/UGA. Since this article is about UGA/LSU it is not off topic to talk about EGilbert. He has been traveling with the team. Does he get some snaps against his former team? IF he doesn't get any more snaps this season what does that mean? Does that mean he will come back to enhance his draft position? (No) Is there room on next years team for him at TE (w/19, 4, 88, 80, Luckie and Spurlin)? (No) Does AG have enough on tape from LSU days to be drafted on the 2nd day of the NFL draft? (Yes) If AGilbert performs well at his Pro Day and interviews well can he move up into a day 1 selection? (Yes)

It will be interesting to see if AGilbert gets any more game reps and what happens after that.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like high 50's slight breeze and rain......short passes, and run run run. The more physical team will win and I believe that will be the DAWGS.....add in our LOUD fan base and we will notch a victory.....don't think it will be by 30 plus....Kirby will not embarrass a good friend. I'm looking for the whole roster to see snaps.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...Are you guys forgetting, the Dawgs have the #2 Defense in the Nation. They aren't going to hand out many points. If you came for a high flying offense, you came to the wrong place.

UGA is a physical team, that loves to wear you down with the run and perimeter passing game. Only going over the top occasionally, to take advantage of the mismatches THAT creates. That's why they are so successful with the "wheel route" and "skinny post" over the middle.

The main thing is...regardless of offensive style...They Win! And, you know how we like to keep "The Main Thing", the main thing. LOL

Git 'er dun Dawgs...wear the Jackets out and send em to GoodWill.