Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football keeps top spot in College Football Playoff rankings for Week 13

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football keeps top spot in College Football Playoff rankings for Week 13

For the third week in a row, Georgia is the No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff rankings. The Bulldogs took care of business this weekend, taking out Kentucky 16-6.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Amazing. Alabama is going to get back in. Just….. amazing.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

South Carolina stomped them Vols.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now all the "love" is going LSU's way. It was UT two weeks ago.

• Options
    HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The article states the wrong location for the Michigan v. Ohio state game. Michigan is visiting Ohio State.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Michigan or Ohio State will suffer one loss this weekend. That will adjust the standings either just switching the two under UGA if UGA wins convincingly, or separating the loser under TCU...if they win and remain unbeaten. USC win will still leave them below TCU. The Comittee seems to like TCU. I am talking just this weekend. No real math here. I feel this is the way the Committee thinks. The weekend of Dec 3rd could be a whole different story. You guys are smarter than I am...just my opinion.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is zero ways Alabama “gets back in”.

ZERO.

They only have a 5 win Auburn team this weekend, and there are 3, yes THREE SEC teams that are universally thought of as being ahead of them: UGA, LSU, and UT(even with the embarrassing USC loss because UT still has 3 top 15 wins to counterbalance that).

Alabama is not going to back door anywhere or anyone, and after this weekend’s games that will play itself out because all of the teams ranked ahead of them are playing other highly ranked foes or highly ranked foes in their conference championships the weekend after while Alabama is sitting at home with 2 losses and 5 wins by less than a TD while all of the other teams will only have maximum 1 loss after this weekend.

USC and Oregon are the wild cards but if TCU wins out, the only team that needs to worry about them or sorry ACC Clemson is Michigan if they lose this weekend at OSU.

The championship weekend is pretty much to see who will seed in at number 4 and what the overall seeds will be for the top 4.

UGA isn’t dropping out even if LSU wins in Atlanta. You can take that to the bank.

I personally hope TCU wins out the next two weeks because I think they deserve a shot after what they have done throughout the season.

Id also be fine with our Dawgs playing USC in the semifinals because I think that would be awesome to watch our Dawgs destroy them with their defense and put a bunch of points on their lousy defense.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Bama has a real shot being in the seventh spot. They just need three teams ahead of them to lose **** and they are in. Since four of the teams play each other there’s a good chance two are knocked out right there. For the record I hope they don’t make it because they are a tougher opponent than UM or TCU.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

……because Alabama has never been given extra consideration. Sure thing. Number 2 or 3 is a guaranteed loss and if it is Michigan, they are out. LSU loses to us, they are out. USC drops one to Notre Dame, which absolutely can happen, or TCU loses to Iowa State, again, possible and voila! Alabama is in.

So sure, I see where you get “zero” chance.

• Options

@87dawg

Come and see me on this site in 12 days and I will gladly accept your apology if you have enough class to give one.

Alabama is OUT.

PERIOD.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Tennessee is a top 10 team? Did they watch the South Carolina game? Is the committee trying to save face for ever ranking the Vols #1 over Georgia at number freakin’ three…or are they finally admitting they are devoid of all credibility?

• Options
    edited November 2022

UT is in the top 10 because the panel made a concerted effort to not utilize recency bias.

Like it or not, UT has 2 wins, one on the road by double digits, against 2 currently ranked top 8 teams, and one of their 2 losses is against the number 1 team in the country.

I personally think they should be ranked 12 or 13, but I don’t think #10 is an unrealistic spot.

I personally think having LSU as high as 5 is more unrealistic than UT is coming in at 10. And Alabama at #7 is absurd as well.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

@UGA66 another possibility to go along with the ones you have listed is if the #2 team beats the #3 team in convincing fashion, the committee could move them to #1 and shuffle UGA to #2 (even with a win over GT). This wouldn’t open a spot in the top four apart from what you have already laid out in your comment. UGA would have the opportunity with a win the following week in the SECCG to retake the #1 spot if LSU hangs on to the #5 spot.

GO DAWGS!