Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football defensive back Chris Smith on his time at Georgia: ‘10/10 experience’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,428 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defensive back Chris Smith on his time at Georgia: ‘10/10 experience’

Chris Smith has a hard time picking out his favorite Georgia football memory. He feels compelled to mention winning the national championship, a game in which he had an interception. He then brought up his first career start, coming against Florida in 2020.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An amazing story about Smith - his anger issues and how he has turned all that around to have a positive impact on this Georgia Team. I said it when Reed, Lacounte, and Cine left and I will say it again. This guy is a DGD and I will greatly miss him when he is gone to the NFL. GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On one of KY's big QB runs for a 1st down,a 3rd and long I believe which would have gotten the defense off the field, CS was leveled by a block in the back as he was breaking down to prepare for a tackle on the QB. THe refs completely missed the call. Their QB runs for a 1st down. Very egregious!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So glad he stayed for his last year. I’m sure it has benefitted his draft status but most importantly, he has provided much needed stability and leadership on that defense. For them to be playing as well as they are after the draft picks is amazing and a huge testament to the coaches but also Smith’s skills and leadership as well. Gonna miss him and thanks to SMart’s recruiting excellence, another great player and leader will step in.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“[Stepping up as a leader is] just a constant cycle here, and it’s just a part of the culture that we’ve built here.”

That culture is generating value for the program in so many different ways. Part of that value is players recognizing that the senior year is their most productive year (with few exceptions). Christopher Smith will benefit greatly from staying at UGA for the 2022 season, just as Wyatt and Davis did in the 2021 season. It takes a certain level of maturity to make such a decision that favors long term benefits over immediate gratification (especially if they graduate). The decisions made by Fromm, Holyfield, and Nauta serve as a reminder that an honest self evaluation, along with the maturity that is so strongly emphasized by CKS is necessary to avoid making a mistake that robs them of a memorable senior year experience.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

Another DGD, average ranked recruit of KS that developed into not only an NFL worthy talent, but also a level headed and mature leader of young men at college and on the gridiron.

I love to see things like this of Georgia players and I will forever be rooting for him after college and pay attention when I hear his name mentioned at the NFL level or have a chance to check him out performing on TV.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@GoodOlDawg

Fantastic point about Fromm and Nauta and Holyfield!

And the list could go on and on and on…

I remember when Leonard Pope decided to leave his Junior year, he was built like our current 00 superstar…he made it to the NFL but I’d bet he’d still be playing now if he’d developed one more season at UGA…he ended up just being a flash in the pan for 3 or 4 productive seasons at the NFL level and then went from team to team collecting a paycheck but was irrelevant after that.

I’ll never in a million years understand Holyfield’s decision.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KY fans on here? Or someone misreading what I wrote? Wierd.