Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Reports: Georgia Tech football finalizing deal to make Brent Key head coach

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageReports: Georgia Tech football finalizing deal to make Brent Key head coach

ATHENS — Seeing was believing for Georgia Tech leadership where interim head coach Brent Key was concerned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, it's breathtaking to think how two teams can be in the same state and should be recruiting the same players, yet UGA and GA Tech couldn't be more different. The rich has gotten richer and the poor..well, you know. I'm not sure this guy is the next best thing for tech, but he will probably be better than the last guy. The kind of coach they need, they would not be able to afford or support so I guess it's sad in a way. Naaaaaah. GO DAWGS!

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

They played like a well-coached team on Saturday. Hats off to Coach Key for their prep. See ya next year

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good for Tech. I couldn't believe they were going to get a guy from Tulane when they could have a Saban disciple. This guy had his two star players jacked up for the game last Saturday. If he can recruit, they will be a problem for UGA. Tech needs to invest in this guy.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

Crazy how you leave out Kirby and Lanning as "successful" first time head coaches.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THIS^^^^!!!

Agreed! I've liked Coach Key from the start....My Dad was a Tech grad and played under Bobby Dodd and I know he would be very happy with the way Tech's coaching staff had their players prepared to play us Saturday. Even though I am an avowed Dawg grad and fan, I always have a soft spot for Tech since it was my Dads school. Except when Coach " Fish Fry" was there, but my Dad wouldn't have liked him either!

It might take a minute for their recruiting to take hold so that they can build better depth, but I can only see positivity in the program now. Very glad that the administration did the "Smart" thing and hired one of their own!

Am definitely looking forward to the rivalry actually becoming one. Would still like to win two more to break the Tech streak over UGA of 7 in a row first, however!!! 🤣

Go Dawgs! Why wait....Hate Tech early!

• gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

As one would expect, GA Tech is way smarter in their coach hiring than Auburn. Cadillac or Coach Prime should have been Auburn's choice.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great hire for the techies. I had written in a comment on YouTube that Key was the man for the job. I guess the UGA vs GA Tech games will be less boring now, while, if Tech's play leads to them being ranked regularly, our strength of schedule will be enhanced. GO DAWGS!!!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was imho a very good ( possibly great ) hire for GT and slightly bad for UGA in a couple of ways. We all know that Kirby has recruited and Got many 5 and 4 star recruits. But he’s also recruited and Got “select” 3 star recruits that he hand picked so to speak, then groomed them up to be very good to even great players. Well now those “select” 3 stars might well go to Tech. No it shouldn’t hurt the Big Picture that much, but it certainly won’t help. Also now after running a grueling SEC gauntlet the usual practice scrimmage with Tech will be gone and the Dawgs will Have to play much harder. Injury risks will probably also go up, as we all saw this GT team played much harder than the Tech teams of the last quite a few years. The one redeeming factor as has already been pointed out, is that if Tech is doing pretty well then that will make UGA’s strength of schedule look even better. Tell Y’all what Tech’s inner conference rivals better stand by for heavy seas Lol !! Cause I believe Coach Key is gonna make Tech better and better !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Key is a good hire as most commenters have agreed. GT will be cherry picking recruits with this coach. Interesting to see how Kirby handles it...at least in GA. I don't think UGA has much to worry about. Coach Kirby has become a trademark brand in GA...they own the state.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

To hell with Tech!