Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anonymous coach shares thoughts on Georgia football offensive stars ahead of 2022 SEC Championship

SystemSystem Posts: 11,138 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageAnonymous coach shares thoughts on Georgia football offensive stars ahead of 2022 SEC Championship

ATHENS — An anonymous coach ripped the Georgia defense earlier this year before the Tennessee game, suggesting the Bulldogs would give up 50 points. Instead, it gave up just 13 in a 27-13 win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

I really did expect this article to end up differently, considering that last anonymous coach…

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This Entire Dawgs team deserves Allot of credit. Allot !! They More than surpassed what the experts said they would probably do in preseason analysis. But I have to agree with Coach Anonymous, the players he cited do deserve credit. But I’m compelled and Gladly give the whole team and Kirby and the coaching staff credit. Yes there have been some slow and sloppy starts but the Dawgs have found a way to Win. That’s what Elite teams do, instead of making excuses for a loss. Now to contradict myself a bit here, I would be Very, Very, Disappointed with Any loss going forward. But if that should happen, and I Sure Hope Not, I’d Still be Extremely Proud of these Dawgs because I don’t think that Before the start of the season many people thought they’d go undefeated !! Now For Me before the season started I thought that there was a Very Real possibility the Dawgs could at least make it to the SECCG. BUT I had tried hard to prepare myself for at least One regular season loss. And honestly I’d have been pretty happy with one loss but Still get to go to the SECCG. But an undefeated season ??!!?? Again ??!!?? I’m ECSTATIC for our Dawgs and Dawg Nation !!! Now I hope they can get the Pay Back on LSU !!! The higher the score over them Tiggers the better !! Go Dawgs !!!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 394 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stop it…we all know it’s Jeremy Pruitt who y’all talk to on the weekly

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is also what needs to be fixed with baseball. Pitcher throws a perfect 7-8 innings, but reliever(s) comes in and loses the game, how is it the starting pitcher deserves the loss? If a starting pitcher is removed early in a game, they usually don't reward him with a win even if his team does win.🤷‍♂️

But to the article, yeah that coach got wind of the last "anonymous coach", and decided he didn't need to try and look like a clown like the last coach. Doubt it would happen, but would be cool to see Kelly's assumption about Bowers come thru. They've done it with McIntosh.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen !! Truth !! Another thing I heard very, very briefly, is at the very start of the vs KY game Stetson made a completed pass they took him Over Matt Stafford’s passing yardage while at UGA. That’s nothing to sneeze at !! So by now Stetson is well over Staffs record. Yeah Stets has had some really rough times, we’ve all seen those. But in my opinion we need to Really Reflect on what Stetson was coming to UGA. He was a 3 star QB and on the Scout Team !!! I mean when people Really, Really Stop and think about it that’s quite remarkable !! And to those who read my comments here that have a more negative take on Stetson, Yes, Yes, he Has had some very bad outings, BUT with a combination of his feet and his arm he’s had some Really Amazing outings to !! So when you look at Stetson in Totality of his work he Does deserve credit imho. I think some of the reason that those who don’t like him comes from the fact that he Did come in as a 3 star. But look at how well Ladd McConkey has done all in all at receiver !! There’s a kid that was primarily a QB in HS !! It’s just a Wonderful testament to how well Kirby & Staff have coached these guys up !! Go Dawgs !!

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN & Coach Anonymous....from absolute bomb to captain obvious, you'd thing that those asshats at ESPN would hire or at least consult individuals with a least a pee wee league knowledge of football.....kudos to once DGD David Pollack for at least admitting his misjudgement of the DAWG D....they only allowed a little over 1 point per game from last years D rather than 7 he predicted....David, you'd be more accurate at Game Day if you could ditch Corso, Herbstreit and Howard and were surrounded by three blonde bimbos!

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hugh Freeze at Auburn...forgiveness is in the air, Jeremy, keep up the good work and ole Nick will have you back coordinating the Bama D in no time!!!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jesus, what passes for journalism these days is absolutely horrid. That headline would lead one to believe that the story would entail some sort of in-depth or exhaustive interview with an anonymous coach about UGA's offense. Instead, it contains one fairly benign (and obvious) quote from an anonymous source, pulled from some other source (which means the author can't even speak to its validity), to mix in with 3-day old quotes from Brian Kelley and BJ Ojulari that they gave at their initial SECCG press conference. Come on, guys. Do better. Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

26-3 . Okay the FU loss can be discounted but the 2 AL L's were mostly the responsibility of SBIV (5 INT's). Those were BIG game losses. The BIG games start now. Tom Brady or Tony Romo? We'll all find out together how much SBIV has improved.

But I think the next 3 games we will (finally?) see the mature SBIV. The offensive game planning will be extensive. The offensive coaching will be intensive. The coaches will be focused on SBIV and he will be taking coaching intently. Listening closely. The message will be clear and reinforced multiple times. No "bonehead" (CKS) plays.

You will be less likely to see gunslinger SBIV making risky throws. CKS didn't rein in SBIV vs TN, KY, GT and MO to let him off the chain now to go hog wild. You can bet that CKS has been in his ear to minimize the up for grab throws SBIV sometimes (often?) makes.

It will be important for UGA to play from ahead. A trailing UGA with a sped up SBIV with the safeguards removed means riskier throws where bad things happen. Winning the TO battle in these games is usually the deciding factor.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

True on the 2 Bama losses, but Bennett still performed better than a Justin Fields against the same Bama team. Only difference is the Ohio State game was on a neutral field and Bennett played in Tuscaloosa. Also, Fields lost by 11 more points than Bennett. Go Dawgs!!!

If I am not mistaken Fields played AL in the final after throwing 6 TD's vs Clemson in the semi. Truthfully, SBIV has never had a game anywhere near that game against anybody let alone in the playoffs. He played great but was hurt when Clemson LB Skalski hit him in the ribs on a scramble. Skalski put the crown of his helmet on Fields's ribs and was ejected for targeting. Fields missed 1 play.

Fields played the whole CFBCG vs AL with broken ribs. Let's hope SBIV doesn't throw another 7 yard pass to a wide open BBowers in the endzone into the ground again this season.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1st half vs UAB, 2021

1st half vs Oregon 2022

4th qtr vs BAMA 2021 CFPCG

Just to name a few. You know Kirby doesn't go "balls-to-the-wall" more than 2 qtrs. He likes to turn up the defense and turn on the running game, after he gets a comfortable lead. Lol

In fact, it was the passes he threw in the UAB game, that got my attention. The kid is going to be Drafted by a team that runs a similar offense to UGA...such as Atlanta. If Mariota can run it, I know darned well, Bennett can. He shows more poise in the pocket and has better pocket presence than either Mariota or Rattler.

edited December 2022

I knew someone would throw out the UAB game on SBIV. SBIV playing on UGA's best team ever vs UAB. You really going to compare that to what Fields did vs Clemson in a playoff game to SBIV vs UAB? Fields threw for 100 more yards against a team that was a yearly playoff team with #1 pick Trevor Lawrence at QB.

SBIV's 2 TD passes vs OR is comparable to Fields 6 vs Clemson? SBIV's 2 TD passes vs AL were a TE screen and a 50/50 ball that UGA's 6'4" WR outfought the AL DB for. Go back and look at the TD passes Fields made vs Clemson. To compare those throws to SBIV's screen pass TD to Bowers and his 50/50 ball to AD's circus catch is laughable. Laughable.

SBIV shows more poise than Rattler? Maybe that's because he has 6 years of CFB experience? I will be very surprised if I ever see SBIV play in a regular season NFL game.