Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How Broderick Jones went from ‘raw’ to one of the best left tackles in college football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Broderick Jones went from ‘raw’ to one of the best left tackles in college football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love how he would pick an area to work on. Very, very smart.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Broderick Jones is no doubt one of the best left tackles in college football.

And yet, he has been left off of PFF’s All-America list for 2022!!

How is that possible!?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hats off to Big Broderick Jones for all the very hard work he’s put in to become the best left tackle in college football !! Go Dawgs !! Go Broderick !!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love watching Jones. He just seems to do so much right in terms of pulls, footwork, etc. But then, when he gets to the block, he can be explosively violent. He alone cover enough ground to stop Perkins, but he can certainly make it difficult for the him. I think, together with our TEs, he'll hem Perkins for a lot of the game.

Every single guy on that line is playing at an incredibly high level. And we don't lose a heck of a lot going two deep in each position. The great thing is that, of the top performers, we're only losing Jones and McLendon!

I honestly couldn't say whether he's the best or third best or fifth best LT in the country, but I'm pretty sure that overall we have the best OL in college football.

Seems like there's a lot of buzz about Oregon or Michigan (again) winning the Joe Moore Award. That would be a travesty.

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

It was the Natty last year that blew me away. Broderick in at LT allowed us to move Salyer to RG and the game turned. You could just see it happening. I didn't realize (statistically) how much it turned until Connor noted:

"Jones came off the bench in the second quarter and the Georgia ground game saw its yards-per-carry average jump from 2.1 to 9.0 after the redshirt freshman came the game."

Great job (again), Connor. Go Big #59! Go Dawgs!

BTW: CBS' 3 NFL mock guys have v1 of first round out: 3 from Ryan Wilson (Carter #5; Ringo #8; Jones #28). 3 from Chris Trapasso - all in the top 10 (Carter #3; Jones #7; Ringo #9). 4 from Josh Edwards (Carter #4; Ringo #9; Jones #17; Washington #21).