Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football’s win, other Saturday results impact final College Football Playoff picture

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia football’s win, other Saturday results impact final College Football Playoff picture

ATLANTA — TCU, Alabama, Ohio State and USC all enter Sunday wondering about where things stand with regard to their College Football Playoff hopes. Alabama head coach Nick Saban went on Fox during the Michigan-Purdue game to try and pitch Alabama’s case, bringing up hypothetical gambling lines and team talent, and not his team’s losses to Tennessee and LSU.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I always said, how can you penalize a team for playing an extra game in their conference championship, but lose? A team who had the same opportunities in a 12 games season sitting outside the top 4 benefits. Alabama had their chance to play in the SEC title game but lost to LSU after Tennessee. Ohio State had their chance as well to show that they are one of the best teams but got gorilla-stumped at home by Michigan. They are being considered for the playoffs. The CFP has always been a joke when both teams were put in before without playing in their conference championship game. Yeah, they probably prove their worth in those games, but any team can play one good game on any given day.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another thing...How the SEC is shooting out purple and gold confetti?

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since comments are turned off on the other articles. Here’s my 2 cents on the playoff selections.

Sorry, my thought is. You didn’t risk anything by playing championship Saturday so therefore you shouldn’t be allowed in. Final verdict. We got screwed so bad in 18 and 20 cause we lost in the seccg. Any team that didn’t play yesterday got an additional week of rest and prep without the risk of falling in the rankings.

• Options

Bama couldn’t keep the focus for all 12 games. It cheapens what the other teams did by going 12-0 with letting Bama in.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The most astounding thing, and I don’t believe Bama has a solid argument with the 2-close loss argument because they had 3 equally close wins that could’ve gone the other way, but to think a incredibly weak conference like the big 10 gets 2 teams in, is ridiculous. That is the **** thing about how this takes place. The big 10 is not any better than the ACC and they won’t get even 1 team in.

• Options

As a dawg fan who would you prefer to play tcu or Osu?

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great points, I would add, "or the risk of additional injuries", we had several guys go down yesterday. Hopefully they weren't serious and we go in 100%. I would like to see a UGA/Michigan final.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NO Bama !! They dropped two games in regular season. So say Bye. TCU lost in OT in their CCG, so Yes they should be in. Of course Dawgs and Michigan are in. Though I don’t like that OSU lost one game in regular season their really the only viable option left. Now as to Who do our Dawgs play ?? Which ever team is perceived nationally to be the best !! If it’s OSU bring Em on !! If it’s Michigan bring Em on !! Our Dawgs are Defending Ntl. Champions, they shouldn’t shy away from Any team. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I want to see is UGA vs Michigan in the big dance. What a battle. Dawgs on top again.