Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart explains why return of AD Mitchell is so important for Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 11,082 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart explains why return of AD Mitchell is so important for Georgia football offense

Kirby Smart and AD Mitchell now share a Georgia record. The Georgia wide receiver and head coach are now 1-for-1 all-time on pass attempts, with both converting their completions into two-point conversions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read on another site that to get to 50 points. #5 to #0 was the ideal combo.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was a pretty nice pass from AD !! It’s Great to see him on the field and getting back. Blaylock is starting to come back to. With all those receivers you just named plus Bell, plus our TEs, plus our RBs can All catch the ball pretty good in particular KMac, the Dawgs have Plenty of Offensive firepower Catching the ball. And we know we’ve got plenty of power running the ball. So I’m Believing OSU will be just as challenged on their Defense if not more so than our Dawgs will be. Our Dawgs just need to bring their A game and don’t help OSU any with sloppy play. Go Dawgs !!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn't think Monken did A.D. any favors on the one play that he was targeted, which was a pass play inside the 10 yrd line. The play called for A.D. to fake a in-cut and then immediately reverse himself and go out towards the pylon. That is a tough cut to make for a player who is coming off a high ankle sprain. As A.D. went to make his sharp cut back outside, he basically collapsed and fell at the goal like, with no chance to get out to the corner to make the catch. Hopefully, next time they target him it will be with a little more field to work with and an easier pass route, like a slant or a go route, to get him back in the action.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been saying the same thing all year.

We have the nation's best TE room, probably the best OL and one of the best QBs. Meanwhile, our RBs and WRs may not being competing for All-American honors. But we're probably as deep with quality RBs and WRs as anybody in the country.

It's been great to watch Bell take his place alongside veterans like McConkey, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Jackson and Blaylock. But AD, as well as Arian Smith, when healthy, can each stretch the field to really open things up.

Here's the scary thing for opposing defenses in 2023: All but Jackson are eligible to return, and, coming in, we've got our best recruiting class at WR in years.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The turf at Mercedes Benz is as much the problem as his ankle. Saw another players foot slip that way when he made a cut yesterday in the Falcons-Steelers game. The play -by-play guys even commented on it.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I'm not at all upset that we put up 50 against LSU, but I was somewhat surprised that no reporter (apparently) asked Kirby WHY he went for two in that situation? Again, I'm not bothered that he did it, but it's so unlike Kirby. Was he trying to send a message to Brian Kelly and the Tigers? Were they trying to put something on tape for whoever we meet in the playoffs to think about? Was it an attempt to give AD a positive takeaway in this game? Was there some sort of hidden game strategy of which we weren't aware? I just wished someone had asked what was his rationale there.